Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Great to be among so many knowledgable individuals willing to help each other. One of the things that helped convince me I would enjoy an SSR was what I read on this Forum while still wresting with -- should I get a Hot Rod, like a '32 3 Window or an SSR. I am convinced that my SSR purchase was the correct choice. So, I am excited to learn and enjoy my purchase. It is a 2005 Slingshot Yellow, automatic with 12,600 miles between 2 Owners. All electrical and mechanical aspects seem to function. The tires are the originals so this week she gets new "shoes", then a thorough changing of all fluids and filters. Nothing looks out of whack, but I am of the -- prevention is critical when at all possible -- mindset. Any ideas on what I should deal with after the tires and fluids would be helpful.
I attempted to start a Thread thanking everyone who responded to my first post -- Newbie Looking for His First SSR -- but it never got posted. I do appreciate all of the suggestions I received, they were most helpful.
Just sent an order to Simple Engineering that includes the Top Tool and the Air Dam.
I live in North San Diego County, CA. Any Forum Member in the area is more than welcome to contact me.

Thanks again and Cheers, Gib

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
CONGRATULATIONS "DesertRat" You will find several great "fanatics" in the Southern California area. Have Fun in the Sun in your Slingshot Yellow and Welcome Aboard !!! tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Premium Member
482 Posts
A Big Welcome from S.W. Florida but originally a So. Cal hot rodder from the Golden Age of Drag Racing & Hot Rods; grew up in San Gabriel Valley and almost every weekend @ San Gab & later Irwindale drag strips. You have joined a terrific group with all the answers to your questions and great family. God Bless you !!!

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,876 Posts
A big hearty welcome from Sunny Sturgis South Dakota. 74 Slingshot Yellows were sent to INDY in 2005 for Parade/TrackFestival trucks. Mine is #32 of 74. Send me your vin and I can see if yours was also one.
[email protected]

Reactions: SoCADesertRat

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,255 Posts
WELCOME, Gib . . . from Southern Arizona.

Also, a huge CONGRATS on your "new" SSR.

Sounds like to found a KEEPER . . . the Fastest and Sexiest Color.

! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers ! :00000732: ! :cheers !

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
43,618 Posts
Welcome From Western Pa !!!!!!!!! :00000732:

Reactions: SoCADesertRat

·
Daily Driver
8,930 Posts
Yes, on certain days in certain places a '32 3-window can't be beat. But all the other days/places, the SSR is king of cool.

The proper choice you have made, padawan. You shall advance to Jedi in two permagrins. :cheers

·
Premium Member
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
A Big Welcome from S.W. Florida but originally a So. Cal hot rodder from the Golden Age of Drag Racing & Hot Rods; grew up in San Gabriel Valley and almost every weekend @ San Gab & later Irwindale drag strips. You have joined a terrific group with all the answers to your questions and great family. God Bless you !!!
Mike,

Thanks much for the shout. I grew up in Riverside and participated at the Drag Strip at the airport in Fontana almost every weekend. Great times. Best to you!

Cheers, Gib

Reactions: MIKESMITHMNSTRY
1 - 20 of 36 Posts