Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering replacing the top struts and took my first look into the top storage area last night. I guess on the good side I did not see any fluid standing back there , only a few Maple tree seeds.

I did look for the fill bottle for the top and I thought it was inside the black box.But I guess I will need to look a little lower.

What is in the black box with the two clips and several bolts along the back top side in the top storage area.

Also I did see the location of the roof struts and have read they are not to bad to change.

I read that Mike has the best replacement struts and they are preloaded in a jig for easier install.

AGAIN

thanks to all

Jerry

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,813 Posts
The black box contains, among other things, the flight recorder and the cockpit voice recorder.
The boys are having fun, but the black box is stereo stuff mostly.
The fluid tank is under the black box on the left side.
The struts that mike has with the mounting tool are the pneumatic helpers that add lift and slow the descent when the top is opened and closed. There aare also hydraulic cylinders that do most of the work. 8 hydraulic and 2 pneumatic in total.

Reactions: SSReplay

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
2,094 Posts
Roof Door Module, Bose Amplifier and rear speakers, Daytime running light diode.

·
Daily Driver
8,980 Posts
All he had to do is click the link and it lists the stuff in there plus shows it partially disassembled so he can see it all.

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
The black box is full of magic, flight recorder and cockpit voice recorder - - shame on you! It is a box full of air and empty space for people to
inquire about. LAZY ONE

1 - 12 of 12 Posts