Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That is right, we have built an enclosure to house the two woofers mentioned, and did not cut ANY framing to get it in the vehicle!!!! A challenge at first we thought, but nope, just have to think about it for a bit, and VOILA, we did it. I will post pictures as soon as I can, in the meantime feel free to check out the website for other goodies.

Jim S.

WWW.BDAUDIOCREATIONS.COM

Proud dealers of:

Zapco WWW.ZAPCO.COM
Treo WWW.TREOONLINE.COM
CompuSTAR WWW.COMPUSTAR.ORG

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
SPANKYSPL said:
That is right, we have built an enclosure to house the two woofers mentioned, and did not cut ANY framing to get it in the vehicle!!!! A challenge at first we thought, but nope, just have to think about it for a bit, and VOILA, we did it. I will post pictures as soon as I can, in the meantime feel free to check out the website for other goodies.

Jim S.

WWW.BDAUDIOCREATIONS.COM

Proud dealers of:

Zapco WWW.ZAPCO.COM
Treo WWW.TREOONLINE.COM
CompuSTAR WWW.COMPUSTAR.ORG
Pictures?

·
Registered
162 Posts
JAustin said:
I think the stock SSR (1SB) sound system needs a pair of hi-frequency drivers much more than subs...
definitely - just adding these subs won't help - but they will be a great part of a total system rebuild.

B

·
0 Posts
You can hear mine thursday eve or friday. I do believe if it done right you only need 1 10" sub if you put 9" mids and 4" tweets in the doors. It make your eyeballs bounce. thats bad enough for me. It is clear sound.
:thumbs :ssr :seeya

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If and when we do another, I want to run (3) Morel 5.25" subs in the stock "sub enclosure" location, and Zapco Competition components in the front. We use the Morel Mini-Subs quite a bit in the Lotus Elise, just wanting to try other applications for these creatures..........

·
Jim-n-Tanya
1,354 Posts
pictures are up!

International Super Sport Roadster Association

More pictures to follow!

Just go to current projects!

HOW TOO!

Here is the recipe for my SSR.................................. :yawn

Kenwood Excelon KDC-CX87 10-disc CD changer
SIRIUS SIR-KEN1 SIRIUS Satellite Radio tuner for Kenwood receivers
Kenwood Excelon DDX7015 DVD receiver with 6.5" touch-screen control monitor
2 JL Audio 10W6v2 10" Subwoofers 10W6v2
JL Audio XR653-CS 3-Way Component System
GMAH24B Class 2 Databus Radio Interface with onstar & Bose Provision
PESWIX Steering Wheel Radio Control Interface
JL Audio 1000/1 Monoblock Class D Amp + Remote RBC NR!!
JL AUDIO Slash Series 300/4 4Ch Power Amplifier

Shaken NOT Stirred! :lol

·
Jim-n-Tanya
1,354 Posts
Still waiting.

Damn radio has the security code activated! SUX.....
Sub box looks awsome though painted. I am also having strobes installed and the remote top. Anyone have any insight on the remote top?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts