Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a couple guys at my office always race their trucks after work.
i beat both of them New 2003 Dodge Hemi And the New silverado
but the 2003 vette left me for dust.
SuperCharger Time

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
0-60 times

I ran 3 zero-to-sixty times this weekend (I used an accelorometer for measurements). The first time was 7.6 seconds, the second run was 6.6 seconds and the third, which I started up a hill but finished down a hill was 6.3 seconds. As soon as it stops snowing and/or raining here in South Jersey, I'll be getting better average numbers. The only thing I plan on doing for performance enhancements in the near future, is get a K&N air filter. If anyone has the K&N part # that will fit, please let me know. I've been to 3 places who could not help me. (Guess I should have been smarter and called K&N myself....hmmmmmm)

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
more times

I ran about 10 more times with the best times being 6.5 and the worst was 7.1. It won't beat my Z28, but I ain't complaining.

:)

·
Registered
705 Posts
aren't you worried about engine break downs to run your car so hard so early in her life. I'd run most new cars a bit soft (less than 90mph and below 5500 rpm) for at least 1000 miles and then change the oil to get rid of any garbage in the oil.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
mileage

red,

Very good point....but I have already done that. I'm over 1600 miles now and have had an oil change.

·
Registered
705 Posts
wow I tgought I was beating my SSR o the ground. :) I had 385 miles in the first 6 days. I've been out of town though since so it made up for it...

1 - 6 of 6 Posts