Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm sure you guy's have thought about this,
Can I put the 20" wheels in the front? The sad part is I have dropped springs in front. I'm so tired comming up short looking for tires for this thing.
If I got a 20" tire say in the 30 profile range would they fit?
I have found some tires but NO matches on the stagger. I DO NOT want the RS-A'S.
Little help here ! ! :banghead :mad :mad2:

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
There have been several threads on this, try the search button, front tires.
Good Luck!

·
Premium Member
2,042 Posts
I have been running 20" in front for a couple of years. 255/45x20 fit well. I run either 275/40x20 or 295/40x 20 in the rear. The front to back rake stays about the same with no issues. 30 profile in the front is too short for the stock rake. Plus you lose to much side wall height which can lead to a cracked rim (done that once). Go to Discount Tire's tire calculator and play with the stock tire front to rear vs. stock rear and 20" fronts. You can see height front to rear with different tires. Great tool!

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
I've had 20" rims in front and 22" rear with K-Bee adjustable coilovers in front (2" drop) and Eibach rear springs (2" drop) on Hellvis for three years, no problems.

I've been running Nitto tires during that time, 10,000 miles, they are wearing well. Make sure to spend the $$$ to have the truck re-aligned after the change, money well spent.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts