Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Ricochet Silver 12/06/2005
170 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw a eBay posting for a Roof Door Module.

2003-2004 Chevrolet SSR OEM Convertible Top Roof Door Control Module RDM 109k

I would have thought that with repairing a possibility. That the prices for a used working RDM would be lower. Even at $5k someone will probably purchase.

·
Slingshot Rules!
88,642 Posts
Just saw a eBay posting for a Roof Door Module.

I would have thought that with repairing a possibility. That the prices for a used working RDM would be lower. Even at $5k someone will probably purchase.
WOW, Hi Ho . . . Definitely a "Kick In The Butt" for some eBay shopper coming up.

Proof Positive . . . being an SSRFanatic pays off.

! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: ! 👍 ! :cool: !

·
Premium Member
2006 Black over Silver Automatic
57 Posts
There is so many SSR owners that know nothing about this site. When I was buying my last SSR and talked lot of owners and they had never heard of the site. I thought I read somewhere that Cleveland had a waiting list of 9 people, so they are still going to go for a high price until people figure it out

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
7,049 Posts
Think about this as the debate of repairs being available.
Passengers side window regulators are known to fail. They can be repaired, used ones still bring about double the cost to repair them.

The ABS module we all know can be repaired for about $50, but try finding one for less than $750. They usually are in the 800-1000 range.

I was away from the computer most of yesterday and did not see the RDM till late last night. I sent a message to CPP and heard back from them today. They had been told about the repair service yesterday by others so they do know now.

They have sold RDMs in the near past in this price range so it will probably sell for this kind of money. Hopefully the demand will drop of people wanting to have that spare and get back to just people who truly need one to repair a truck. It was the sky is falling demand that made the prices go through the roof.

RDMs have not been available from GM for a few years but why did prices just recently skyrocket on them? I would bet social media had a lot to do with it. In my time of owning an SSR they have went from $200 to $5000. When I started, you didn't hear a lot about the RDM or them going out. Then it was like all of a sudden you always heard "THE" story of the RDM and how much they cost, or more importantly how much someone just paid for one. It was almost cult like stories. Hey I hear someone (very seldom did we know who) just paid $1000 for an RDM, and they took on a price increase from there. Then when J&J salvage got into SSRs they started upping the prices on any parts they sold fast. They quickly pushed a lot of prices through the roof.

Just remember the permagrin and get out and enjoy your SSR

1 - 10 of 10 Posts