Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Please list your signature name here if you are a original owner since 2003-2004.
I have meet a lot of you over the years since and yes I still have my Smokin Asphalt 2003 with Vin, #0168.

Scott-0168

·
Premium Member
3,551 Posts
QWKSSR

Purchased new in 2003 , # 808 !!

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,357 Posts
2004 Ultra-Violet #8173 purchased new in 4/04.

Blast

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
2003 Slingshot Yellow. Ordered in September, 2003 and picked up on December 12th, 2003.

·
Registered
7 Posts
HI, I'M A LONG TIME MEMBER BUT I HAVE NEVER POSTED BEFORE. I ORDERED MY RED 2003 TWO YEARS BEFORE IT WAS DELIVERED IN DEC. 2003.I WONDER WHY IT WAS NOT CONSIDERED A 2004. MY USER NAME IS "SSRZOOM" FROM SOUTHERN N.J.. I DO NOT REMEMBER MY JOIN DATE; CAN I FIND THIS OUT? I FIRST SAW THE PROTOTYPE SSR AT THE PHILADELPHIA AUTO SHOW.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
1,897 Posts
HI, I'M A LONG TIME MEMBER BUT I HAVE NEVER POSTED BEFORE. I ORDERED MY RED 2003 TWO YEARS BEFORE IT WAS DELIVERED IN DEC. 2003.I WONDER WHY IT WAS NOT CONSIDERED A 2004. MY USER NAME IS "SSRZOOM" FROM SOUTHERN N.J.. I DO NOT REMEMBER MY JOIN DATE; CAN I FIND THIS OUT? I FIRST SAW THE PROTOTYPE SSR AT THE PHILADELPHIA AUTO SHOW.
In your heading, it says you joined 3/25/2010 with 7 posts. Yep, you've been around awhile!

·
Premium Member
6,332 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Here is your answer. I was told by GM staff that the 2003 SSR was so late coming into production that year that they ran the 2003 through December of 03. As you know automobile model year production usually ends mid year.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My black 03 #100333 was born on 07/29/03. "Cash" believes it is the one pictured on page 123 of the "Witzenburg" book identified as "The First Salable SSR" . It was used as a company car or "PEP" until April of 04 when I was able to buy it on the GM Employee Purchase Program. I picked it up in Pontiac MI and drove home to FL. It still looks and runs like new with 57,000 miles.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Random1
Question and boot me off if you like, 2004 race line red California speedway parade car with the signature on the window ad by DEJ.
Father in law passed away due to cancer but did leave it to my wife. Kept original with a bit of frustrating work needed (thanks to dictator and auto prof) problems were resolved. 23k original miles.
Is this close enough for the original owner? Papa Dave is not here in person but with us in spirit every time we take the cover off the beauty that only few appreciate.

·
Registered
41 Posts
My '04 Ultra Violet #4005 was purchased 11/26/04 (my 56th birthday). Remains all original with 19,500 miles on the odometer. Sat for 6 months (due to winter weather) before I put the first 100 miles on her, and unfortunately, this is a 6 month per year weekend "sunshine" vehicle - that, and the fact that I have two other "sunshine" cars, accounts for the low miles. Still, one of my favorites to drive.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts