Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
464 Posts

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
Cash, your post with all that info, was 5 minutes after original post. If I do something that quick they say, I'm like a jock strap, I'm on the ball... LOL :blush-anim-cl::blush-anim-cl:
I have heard mention of "sillypuddy" and "jockstrap" in the same sentence! HaHa!
Thanks for noticing :thumbs

Just happened to be there at the time
I've tried to learn about the more promiscuous SSR's over the years (the real bad boys/girls) - but a long way to go.

There are a bunch I will know immediately who they are, and this is one of them

I didn't really read the auction data, but it does not seem to me this SSR is being promoted with either provenance or build construction
#317 deserves a way better presentation to the public

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
In sports broadcasts, they always come up with the stupid 100 best ever

it would drive me crazy to come up with a list of the Best Ever SSR's!
If I had to make a Top 100 List this SSR would definitely make the list, as well as about 5 of her 69 siblings

Anyone looking, have a go at it
Although the Ken Thurm #3205 doesn't fit the category, I think it will be in the early part of the 100
You might have to hold them, but they are part of the early history

There are obviously going to be history, last SSR etc, it is trying to get past that

Guess I might start a thread on that!
Obviously, opinions invited

·
Premium Member
230 Posts
04 PurpleHaze: - Getting it past the woman? HA! Good luck. If you succed in doing that, you will make a fortune telling people how. You better not talk in your sleep. WSK -LAZY ONE

·
Premium Member
9,316 Posts
This truck was at the Asanti Wheel booth at SEMA 2004. The ad claims that the wheels are A118, but the rears are still the same wheels that were on it at SEMA. Rear spokes were not the same as the fronts - I found the difference distracting at the time.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
WOW - this has my attention - better go check my LOTO numbers :willy:
Check out your Avatar - put this SSR in your Calgary garage - just cut the cheque!
This is a very cool SSR

·
Premium Member
1,428 Posts
Check out your Avatar - put this SSR in your Calgary garage - just cut the cheque!
This is a very cool SSR
I Agree, this IS a VERY cool SSR, however LOTO didn't work today. Need to wait a while longer...………...:cry. Perhaps I need to consider coming out of retirement and going back to work. My golf game isn't earning me any money.

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,825 Posts
I have many photos of this truck. It was painted by Ron Gibbs a friend of mine from near Toronto. This is the truck that persuaded Mr. Merlin to paint his the same way.

The flames do match the doors and fender. But the camera angle with the setback of sheet metal makes it look as if it is a mismatch.

Ron is known as the Canadian Rat Fink with permission from Roth family.
Ron is a super Airbrush artist as well as auto flame painted.
He judges paint at the big indoor shows.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,052 Posts
Looks nice. Wonder why flames don't match from fenders to door?
My thought is bad CAMERA angle. The flames wrap around the back side of the front fender and then onto the doors. We can't see the wrap around part so it looks like the don't flow right in the picture. That is my story and I am sticking to it.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts