Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
189 the LAST blur
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well for any of you Auction junkies like me I attended the annual CCP Fall Auction yesterday at the Toronto International Center. To my surprise there was a Red 2003 vin 101376 getting a lot of attention from several R owners like myself in the staging lanes. It sold for $25,000 Cdn. Odometer showed 56,000 km. and nice copy of the window sticker showed it sold new at Nurse Chevrolet. I took some pics of the truck and window sticker but have them on my iPhone. Would post pics if I knew how???
Also, 2 nice low mile red R's (an 04 lot 134 & 05 lot 378.2) listed at B-J Las Vegas.
With all the chaos in our economy right now, I'm always concerned where my cars are $$$ wise.
My personal favorite is Mecum because they do more volume than the others. I can't wait for January in Florida, their biggie that I have been doing for years.

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
You have to be a supporting member to post pictures on the site, or send them to someone who is. I've never believed auction prices are a good indication of the market value of our trucks.

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
My personal favorite is Mecum because they do more volume than the others. I can't wait for January in Florida, their biggie that I have been doing for years.
Mecum has a bit of a reputation problem with Fanatics, as a result of the McDorman auction in November 2010. Bob McDorman was liquidating his collection, including Signatures 3 4 and 5. Sigs 3 & 5 were apparently sold, but kept showing up at subsequent Mecum auctions for several months before they eventually sold for significantly less than the top bids at McDorman, which both involved Fanatics who quit bidding at $44K.

This was supposed to be a No Reserve auction, but our suspicion is that Mecum kept the bidding going, and got caught with their fingers in the cookie jar. They then had to liquidate the trucks to try to recover their money.

Signature 4 did sell to a Fanatic, but was he bidding against a legitimate buyer or against the house?

I wouldn't attend a Mecum auction on a bet after that debacle. I did call Mecum and challenged them regarding the number of times these two Signatures went back for sale, but the explanation was that a lot of vehicles that are selling below valuation are purchased by dealers who then resell them. Yeah right.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
How much is that in [fake U.S.FUNDS?]........AS we are 20 trillion in debt..........?

I continue to buy what I want as long as they give me something of value for money that has no value? One day it will all come to an end?

Bird

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
43,729 Posts
How much is that in [fake U.S.FUNDS?]........AS we are 20 trillion in debt..........?

I continue to buy what I want as long as they give me something of value for money that has no value? One day it will all come to an end?

Bird

$19,964.57
:surprise:

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Well for any of you Auction junkies like me I attended the annual CCP Fall Auction yesterday at the Toronto International Center. To my surprise there was a Red 2003 vin 101376 getting a lot of attention from several R owners like myself in the staging lanes. It sold for $25,000 Cdn. Odometer showed 56,000 km. and nice copy of the window sticker showed it sold new at Nurse Chevrolet. I took some pics of the truck and window sticker but have them on my iPhone. Would post pics if I knew how???
Also, 2 nice low mile red R's (an 04 lot 134 & 05 lot 378.2) listed at B-J Las Vegas.
With all the chaos in our economy right now, I'm always concerned where my cars are $$$ wise.
Tom,

If you want to send the pics to my email account [email protected] I will post them for you.

Alex

·
Premium Member
2,098 Posts
XOXOBruce,

I'm eyeballing your SSR pic and the "frenched" look to the headlights. Was that a fairly straight forward mod, to shorten up the grille bar and replace the headlight with whatever you used. Or more likely some paint work and body filler and whatever else to get that look.

·
189 the LAST blur
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Alex. There on the way. It was a nice truck with new Continental tires all around. Wish I could get a window sticker for mine.

·
189 the LAST blur
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
XOXOBruce,

I'm eyeballing your SSR pic and the "frenched" look to the headlights. Was that a fairly straight forward mod, to shorten up the grille bar and replace the headlight with whatever you used. Or more likely some paint work and body filler and whatever else to get that look.
Bruce,
Glad you like it. As far as I can tell this is how I got it and I thought this was all factory. No mods or improvements other than a new Battery, tires all around and a front passenger side hub for inspection. I just put the top down for the 1st time today hoping everything still worked like last time in early July with the previous owner. Still getting used it and reading about all the possible potential failures one could expect in the future. At least this site and all the wonderful expertise available has me hopeful it was not a mistake. A few thumbs up today made it worthwhile.

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
XOXOBruce,

You can follow the whole ordeal... um, process... here. :lol

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
:grin2:

Attachments

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
Yes, nice truck and nice driveway, but too much worry about what might go wrong. Just enjoy the ride, we can't help with the ulcers worry causes, but if you do have a problem we can help. :thumbs

1 - 14 of 14 Posts