Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sorry if this is a repost, new to the SSR.

I saw these pics in a Hot Rod article regarding the 2002 Bel Air concept (sweet car, btw, something that would appeal to SSR owners) promoting the (then) upcoming 2003 SSR. What is interesting to note is how the design continued to be refined.

Note in this shot of the interior: The instruments are black on white, assume that they "reverse" at night; there's a cover for the radio; The knobs for climate control are all black inserts; the button to open the center console is on top next to the center console control buttons.

The two rear quarter shots show the rear bar still in place, but the backup lights have been relocated to their present position. also, the SSR logo is on the upper left.

The last two are shots of the Bel Air concept car, in case you haven't seen it.

Attachments

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,833 Posts

I like the original black face climate control knobs. (Retro)
Hope some E-bay blood sucker will market cover up stickers like that.

Bel-Air … where, Oh I see the front fender false louvers. I think that concept is off the mark.

But the Nomad would interest me.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Also, the center console appears to be missing the padded armrest.

I'm ambivalent about the color of the climate control knob inserts (I like them both ways), but I really like the black on white instruments. One of the things I miss about my 300M.

The Bel Air's kind of blasé-looking to me. The front-end is reminiscent of some econo-model Chevy's from the '80's crossed with a current model Chrysler Sebring convertible, and the tail looks like a blend of the Nissan 350Z and the most recent Ford Thunderbird. All-in-all, quite derivative. The sides are uninspired. And you know those outside rearview mirrors would never make it into production. Is this a hard- or soft-top?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,268 Posts
What SSR is That?

I have seen photos of this SSR touring the US in the beginning of the program. I know that the production run is sequential serial numbers, there were 25 special edition units and one prototype. This is the "accounting" of SSRs that we believe to exist.

I've also seen other photos of this yellow SSR. It has simple hinge pins at the front corners of the deck lid and a full cross-tailgate trim bar similar to the prototype, but the gas filler is on the rear fender.........

What serial number is this unit?????? I suspect it is a "pre-production" unit that is now hiding in the GM warehouse somewhere. Who has knowledge?????

Please share.

Mike

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Some other things about this car's dash

Yeah, I noticed the absence of the padded armrest on the center console. Note the air bag cover is different (it butts up against the trim piece) the dash trim piece appears more tapered on the right side, and the absence of the cup holder and coin storage tray. It appears the ash tray and glove box are more prominant.

You want to see a wild interior, check out this Bonneville Push Truck SSR:

http://www.seriouswheels.com/top-2004-Chevrolet-Chevy-SSR-Push-Truck.htm

Attachments

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
That is just tad to much red for my taste, but I love the bed concept!! Very useful and a pull out tray, for us short people that would be a bonus!!!

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,781 Posts
Also looks like this has Eric's (from MPD) rocker panels. What say, Eric??

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I like the paint scheme on the Bonneville push truck. I would agree with wildcat66 about there is a tad too much red.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts