Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems the dealer is trying to tell me I am #2 on the list now for the SSR after telling me I was #1 for two years. I even have a signed agreement stating that I have the #1 allocation.

They said there was a mistake and somebody was in before me.

Is there a big advantage to having a 2003 over a 2004 ?
I'm trying to decide how I should pursue this disagreement.

Can anyone point me to an official Chevrolet document showing that only one 2003 SSR will be allocated to any particular dealership. (I know some dealerships will not even be receiving a 2003.)

Thanks..

:boxing

M

·
0 Posts
Number 1

I'm sure that this type of situation will occur because of some dealer's extra special customers that want one. This is a very unfair practice and I feel that the dealer should be informed of this in the presence of prospective customers. By the way,,,did you put down a deposit?

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I placed a deposit down at the time I signed the purchase order...

Sent a formal letter...Will be looking at bringing this out into the media if I do not hear a favorable response.

Found out today that it was the dealer's extra special salesman that received the sale.

I'm not normally like this, but I feel the purpose here is more important than the actual first allocation of the SSR.

They even had the nerve to tell me I couldn't order the vehicle...that it would just come in and I would get it like it is.

Then, today, I received a call about them having some 'information as to when I might be able to select some options for the vehicle'. The manager also inquired on how much of a premium I was originally told I would be paying...

This has scam written all over it.

Frustrating...:banghead

E

·
0 Posts
If you have a contract, you need a good lawyer. Or at least ask to speak to the owner and show them the contract and tell them that this kind of treatment will cost them a lot more than the profit they will see from the sale of ONE car. I hate these kind of dealers. My dealer has so far traeted me fairly and have not told me anything different than the original contract, 1st order no extra markups. But then again, I will be selling this baby for a huge profit anyways....

D

·
0 Posts
Dream_Cruise said:

Is there a big advantage to having a 2003 over a 2004 ?
I'm trying to decide how I should pursue this disagreement.

Thanks..

:boxing

If you would rather have a 6 speed then it would be an advantage to wait.

My dealer has promised me his first SSR at MSRP, and I have dealt with him long enough to know I don't have to have anything in writing or put a deposit down.

We did the same deal on his first 2002 Z06 and I even got a discount on that.

He told me that he has already received e-mails and calls from all over the country begging him for his first SSR at any price. I guess my business means more to him than a few bucks extra.

My 2 cents..........

S

·
0 Posts
Allocation

As far as allocation goes, it is purely based on gross vehicle sales per dealership for the opportunity to get any SSR's. It is NOT based on Corvette sales as somone else mentioned on this site. So there are in fact many dealers that will not get one at all. I don't know what the magic volume sales number is that will qualify them to recieve one. My local dealer is only getting one. While another huge dealership I was at in Billings, MT is able to get two.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Here's how it works!

Dream_Cruise said:
Thanks for the replies...

We'll have to wait and see what happens with all of this.

:bs
If a dealer in the sales period of 2001 to 2002 model year sells at least 500 new Chevrolet units he is allocated 1 SSR for the 2003 Model year, then after that it is figured off so many units after that to get his next one. Only about a quarter of the dealers will get a 2003. All Chevrolet dealers will have at least one allocation in 2004! I know of a dealership in my area that is getting 10 2003 units. That is the most I have seen anybody is getting!

E

·
0 Posts
Ron - If they are not producing units - Then how is this dealer going to get his 10 units. Common here... Get real! :eek :rolleyes: :lol :confused

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
If one dealership is getting 10 2003's - they musta bought them from other dealerships - as GM has announced that only ONE SSR per dealership that met sales quotas. With that fornula - not every dealership rec'd a 2003 allocation.

Latest I heard (yesterday) from the Lansing Craft Centre is that the line is moving MUCH more smoothly - biggest hang up now is getting the body parts from ASC...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts