Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
474 Posts
Sales Tax

Your state must be great then because in the state i live in (Texas) charges 6.25% sales tax to whatever price we buy vehicles at and I know most other states have sales tax too. Thats close to $1700.00 bucks in tax to buy at your current pricing. OH plus we have to have state inspections, which cost more for an out of state buy and tags all for another couple hundred bucks. Doesn't seem right at all but i've paid tax on every vehicle i've bought in state or out of state when i brought them home.

Good luck, wish you were cheaper on your pricing.

·
Registered
474 Posts
Thank you for your response and I think your being honest and very nice and I didn't find anything wrong with what you said here. And i hope you didn't think i was cutting down your SSR, we as buyers always want the best/lowest pricing we can get and since i am such a car nut I always shop before i purchase. I really am leaning towards an 05 BUT if i found a super deal on a well cared 03 or 04 I would take it because I'm just a cruising type of person, I never race any of my Z06's or anything i buy. Sure i like to see what its like jumping on a freeway once in awhile but I just cruise and enjoy the vehicle i'm in that day. Thats why an 03 or 04 would serve its purpose with me.

In regards to the price of the tax I was meaning if I bought yours at your current price of $26,800.00 I would have to pay a sales tax of 6.25% on that buying figure and that would be $1675.00 in sales tax here in Texas plus the added (around 200 bucks for tags and inspecting of a vehicle coming out of state). Can you believe at one time Texas was talking about adding 2grand more to any out of state vehicles bought and brought back to our great state.. :lol .. I guess they didn't pass that law for now. So when i look at purchasing a vehicle regardless if its new or used I have to add the sales tax and other fee's.

I thought i had a deal on another 03 yellow SSR in California not long ago and the guy had low mileage and wanted 24grand. He finally talked his father into keeping the SSR. At least that is the word i got. There are deals out there and yours sounds pretty good. OH and about taking things off a vehicle to lower pricing im TOTALLY against that because once its on there I think it should stay. I once bought a vehicle like that and when i traveled to N.C. i was mad because the guy had pulled a little more than the pictures i had showed. He put them back on before i bought his car. I just don't like to buy something thats demodded no matter what it is.

Thanks and good luck on your sale.

Dragon2U said:
I used to live in CA not long ago so know all too well the cost of buying, inspecting, and insuring a car in another state. Yes, GA has no tax on private vehicle transfers, not sure how long that will last but it is an incentive to buy from a private party. Not sure what youre saying about adding $1700 to the selling price, if you pay it normally then it's not a big deal, I mention it to remind those that don't pay tax in private transactions that this is a private sale and ultimately less cost than a dealer.
Dealers here charge upwards of $500 for a "doc fee", I think that it is totally insane! CA had dealers doing the same thing but the Gov started capping it at $25, or at least it was that way when I left.
I really don't know where all these cheap SSR's are. I look in cars.com, autotrader, and other sales sites and the 03-04's are running at what I am asking, some quite a bit more for more mileage and less equipment. Within 200 miles of my address I am the second lowest SSR for sale at cars.com with 19 available. I am higher by only $500. I checked pricing in CA today just to see what they were in my old stomping grounds, lowest price on cars.com for 30 miles around 95993 (where used to live) is $30,000 for an SSR with twice the mileage at a dealer. I know EBay has a few priced in my range and lower, personnally I have not found a decent deal on EBay, when I have driven hundreds of miles and inspected prior to purchase they were not as advertised. I know they are not all bad though, I have not had luck though.
I realize that not everyone wants all the equipment, if you're interested in a lower price I am more than willing to keep some of the options to offset the cost, make a realistic offer. Or you can take all the options and sell off what you don't want and make some cash on the deal.
I don't mean to sound harsh if that's the way it sounds, I appreciate the response, I just don't know where all these deals are because they aren't around here or within several hundred miles of here. I really don't want to give it away as it really is a nice well cared for truck that I took a long time to find, it's not a dealer auction vehicle or an abused vehicle that I find often when looking at used cars here. I do see some nice classic cars in Texas at reasonable prices and one of these days I might get one. I think that your state has definately got the market for buyers.
Good luck in your search, if you're serious about mine but it's a little out priced PM me your best deal and what options you don't want and maybe we can work something out.

Thanks
:seeya

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Dragon2U...where do you live in Georgia?

P/P

Peace:flag

1 - 12 of 12 Posts