Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I see there is a 2003 Smokin' Black Ashphault Lot #371 listed at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale. Will probably sell the first day of the sale. It looks awsome, 17,000 mi, every option including floor gauges, under hood is pretty. Any guess what it will go for? See Post #8! EDIT: Had a look at the truck it was gorgeous, complete chrome package interior and exterior added, chrome floor gauges, spotless chrome wheels, excellent tires, rear spoiler, it was someone's labor of love~hammer price=$26,000.00. ($28,600.00 buyers fee in)

·
SSR Trader
42 Posts
I see there is a 2003 Smokin' Black Ashphault Lot #371 listed at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale. Will probably sell the first day of the sale. It looks awsome, 17,000 mi, every option including floor gauges, under hood is pretty. Any guess what it will go for?
I'm thinking you should buy a bid card and bid on it Gordy!

·
Premium Member
15,490 Posts
Hard to say what it will go for, but SSR's in general don't do well at BJ, and first day auctions are usually a bargain.

We go every year, and the ones that are kept outside under the tents tend to have less care during the show. They get very dusty, people write on the dust with their fingers.....the owner needs to stay with the vehicle until it sells. The sharper the vehicle looks prior to sale, the better the gavel price.

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well the SSR at Barrett-Jackson Scottsdale AZ did all right, compared to some of the Auction prices....$26,000.00 plus buyers fee. It was a nice truck with only 17,000 miles on it. There was a nice '04 Redline at Silver Auctions AZ as well, I'll try and find the price and report back here to SSR Fanatics site when I get a price. VIN #1 &2 '67 Firebirds went for $260,000.00, Justin Biebers Ferrari went for $434,000.00, and John Lennon's Austin went for $159,000.00.

·
Premium Member
3,905 Posts
Mecum

Anyone have the prices of the R's that sold at MECUM's last week? I think there were 5 or 6 sold.

·
Premium Member
6,763 Posts
Saw a Smokin' Asphalt SSR "trimmed" in Red for sale on the "main drag" (Rt. 231) in Shelbyville, Tennessee, yesterday. Bob, whata ya' mean "trimmed" in red ??? I mean the grill between the front bars was painted red and there was some very visible red trim around the wheels and maybe the door handles plus the bar from headlight to headlight. Looked sharp passing by on the street. It was parked on a vacant lot and there was no easy place to pull off and park. Might go to Miller's Country Store today for Sunday Buffet and the truck is just down the road about 10 miles so I might go check it out further ... if it's not raining. I'm sure the tailgate had some red trim also, just couldn't see it from the street. Bob Alexander :ssr

·
Premium Member
1,568 Posts
Barrett Jackson publishes their results on their web page.

The '05 6 speed brought $22,000 less buyer's commission.

The yellow '03 sold for $14,300 less buyer's commission.

You can't tell much from the pictures, but neither look bad. I can't find mileage.

There must have been something special on the '03 SA the bring so much more. I don't know what it is. Appears that someone added chrome kit. They added some bling under the hood that doesn't look like it fits.

Dave

·
Registered
1,728 Posts
You can also get price results from Mecum by logging in. Barrett results include buy fee, Mecum does not

Barrett is free to look at prices. They just make you sign up for an account. I just unchecked the spam boxes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,308 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Barrett Jackson publishes their results on their web page.

The '05 6 speed brought $22,000 less buyer's commission.

The yellow '03 sold for $14,300 less buyer's commission.

You can't tell much from the pictures, but neither look bad. I can't find mileage.

There must have been something special on the '03 SA the bring so much more. I don't know what it is. Appears that someone added chrome kit. They added some bling under the hood that doesn't look like it fits.

Dave
The trucks you list above Dave are from Barrett-Jackson Las Vegas which was held Oct 2016.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
I see there is a 2003 Smokin' Black Ashphault Lot #371 listed at Barrett Jackson Scottsdale. Will probably sell the first day of the sale. It looks awsome, 17,000 mi, every option including floor gauges, under hood is pretty. Any guess what it will go for? See Post #8! EDIT: Had a look at the truck it was gorgeous, complete chrome package interior and exterior added, chrome floor gauges, spotless chrome wheels, excellent tires, rear spoiler, it was someone's labor of love~$26,000.00.
Underestimated the selling price of this one ..https://www.barrett-jackson.com/Events/Event/Details/2003-CHEVROLET-SSR-PICKUP-201926

I guessed $18k. Where were all the $$ buyer$ when we sold ours ?? :(

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
About this Discussion
14 Replies
12 Participants
ssrtruck
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing