Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking and asking for advise regarding my 2003 SSR. The convertible top won't go down. I can hear the motor running but no action. Lights on dash read "door ajar". I live in central Florida north of Orlando. I'm not mechanically inclined so hoping to find a recommendation for a place to take it to have this repaired. I'm willing to drive even 3-4 hours away if need be for a reputable place. This car has 26,000 miles. Any help, suggestions or advise will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,224 Posts
kenfeicht, There is a great group of folks in Florida that I'm sure will offer to help. Mean time, I see you only have 1 post sooo--Welcome from Forney Texas!!! Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,314 Posts
Welcome from Cincinnati! Nothing like these trucks...the looks you get....and (eventually) the wind in your hair! Good luck with your repair, you've been pointed to the right person!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts
Welcome. I see you have been a member for a year already and this is your first post. I hope you will become a more active member and would suggest you contact @Dicktator in Florida for some great assistance with your problem. I can only hope that you have not been fighting this problem for the whole year. As has been suggested, ad some information to your profile so others can find a way to get in touch and help you out. If they have a general idea where you are they might suggest a place to meet and share information.

·
Premium Member
1,757 Posts
Welcome to the Fanatic site....there is a complete DIY section written about the process of releasing the tonneau. Once you lift that up you will find the hydraulic fluid reservoir for the roof. It looks like the drivers side roof cylinder is one of the first cylinders to start leaking. Dicktator has done a fantastic job of listing the procedure to R/R the cylinders as well.

OLDxR

·
Premium Member
1,943 Posts
Contact Dicktator

Click on "User CP" at op of screen.
On "YOUR CONTROL PANEL" on left-
click on "Send new Message"
Type in "Dicktator"
Tell Dick how to contact you. You have a bunch of Fanatac's close to you that will help you.

Jack

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts
Click on "User CP" at op of screen.
On "YOUR CONTROL PANEL" on left-
click on "Send new Message"
Type in "Dicktator"
Tell Dick how to contact you. You have a bunch of Fanatac's close to you that will help you.

Jack
Jack,
He only has 1 post so he can't use PM yet.

Edit: My mistake. He is a Supporting Member!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,532 Posts
Your in good hands with Tom. They have a group of pretty dam good techs over in Orlando area.

I always refer Fanatics to them when they are close.

Tom aka Soren703 our Orlando SSR Florida Chapter Ambassador.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
34,697 Posts
Welcome from Canada! :cheers

Congrats on your new SSR :thumbs

You're in good hands in Florida and soon will be enjoying your permagrin!

:black:
:purple:
Krazy Ed

1 - 18 of 18 Posts