Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone assist me with advise on the ssr I just purchased . It appears the roof is working however when I review the video it appears the second panel in the back that comes down right behind the back window is a little flimsy . Is that something that needs adjusted or replaced ? I have a video of the roof as well . If anyone would like to help and review the video lmk . Email is [email protected] . Thanks, Abby

Attachments

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,074 Posts
Can anyone assist me with advise on the ssr I just purchased . It appears the roof is working however when I review the video it appears the second panel in the back that comes down right behind the back window is a little flimsy . Is that something that needs adjusted or replaced ? I have a video of the roof as well . If anyone would like to help and review the video lmk . Email is [email protected] . Thanks, Abby
First.... welcome to the SSR family. It’s a great bunch of mixed nuts that love the SSR. You’ve found a new home.

The larger panel is steel and the smaller (flipper panel) is actually plastic. Yes, it is a bit “flexy” and may appear flimsy. Check the mounting points of the hinges. The threaded inserts have been known to actually crack the plastic of the panel.

Regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
welcome

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,370 Posts
A big "Howdy" from Houston, Texas. :smile2:

You're going to LOVE it here, Abby!!

===============
David :black:
images-9.jpeg

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,397 Posts
Silverabba78, Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you have found the BEST FORUM ever! BUT-----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then if you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out, and MEET with you to Show and Tell.

Nick & Kathy

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Abby,

Welcome to the family from Middle Georgia and congrats on your SSR purchase!!
Like Nick said, update your profile and let us know where you live...
...help could literally be right around the corner!!

If you live anywhere near Maggie Valley North Carolina...you could come and pick the minds of over 90 drivers/owners!!
Link to Maggie Valley Rally 2018 (17-18-19 May)

Alex

1 - 18 of 18 Posts