Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received a call from a fellow SSR fanatic this evening looking for info on a SSR engine mount. It appears that one of the engine (motor) mounts for her 2003 SSR 5.3L engine has broken. Her servicing dealership stated that they could not find any engine mounts anywhere for the SSR.

I told her that a Trailblazer Ext 2WD should have/use the same engine mounts. I starting searching around and found that part number 22201413 is for the engine mount (rubber core piece) and 15179507 is for the full engine mount (brackets and rubber core piece). I found that these are showing as "NOT AVAILABLE" or "DISCONTINUED". The listing for the Trailblazer/SSR both showed that status.

What options do we have in this situation?

I there a parts department someplace in the US that has one of these available?

I would hope the servicing dealership would initiate a SPAC on this part to try and locate one, but I cannot confirm if that has been done.

This same SSR recently (several months ago) had its entire engine replaced so I'm wondering if something was tweaked during the installation of the new long block.

Any suggestions I can pass along to the owner?

Thanks!

-- Robert

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,125 Posts
Puzzling....

Hi Robert.....

What is the comparative P/N's of the later mounts? I seem to remember that GM went to a vicous type mount to reduce engine vibration and not just rubber. Perhaps their truck is an early one with an "old" style mount...... If so, I'll wager that the bolt patterns and attachments didn't change.

Did they check availability of a mount for a 2004?

Regards,

Mike

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I can find online, the 2003 and 2004 both have the same part numbers (Trailblazer/ SSR) when equipped with the same 5.3L (LM4) engine.

I've attached part diagram pictures to this post.

First attachment = 2004 SSR 5.3L (LM4/M30)
Second attachment = 2005 SSR 6.0L (LS2/M32)

From the part diagram for the 2004 SSR (same as 2003 SSR)

1 -> Part Number 15179507 (Left) = MOUNT ENG,(INCLS 2-5,7,8),(W/BRACKETS) (NOT AVAILABLE)

1 -> Part Number 15141112 (Right) = MOUNT ENG,(INCLS 2-5,7,8),(W/BRACKETS) (NOT AVAILABLE)

4 -> Part Number 22201413 = MOUNT ENG,(PART OF 1),(LESS BRACKETS) (NOT AVAILABLE)

From the part diagram for the 2005 SSR

1 -> Part Number 15237337 (Left) = MOUNT ENG,(INCLS 2-4,6,7) (NOT AVAILABLE)

1 -> Part Number 15237338 (Right) = MOUNT ENG,(INCLS 2-4,6,7)
Replaced by: 15255898

The replacement part number from the right mount's description shows as available.

Mike, I'm wondering if the 15255898 part is the "upgraded/replacement" piece you're talking about. But it's only listed as a replacement for the SSR with the LS2 engine.

I'll pass this additional info along to the other SSR owner.

Very confusing situation to be in (yet again) for SSR (and Trailblazer) owners to not be able to find parts for such core/common pieces in the vehicle.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,637 Posts
I can't think of any reason that the LS-2 mounts wouldn't work. There has been no external change on the block casting, concerning the motor mounts. I'd just order one up and compare it.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,125 Posts
I can't think of any reason that the LS-2 mounts wouldn't work. There has been no external change on the block casting, concerning the motor mounts. I'd just order one up and compare it.
I agree...... The TBSS was built through last year and the mounts should be the same as well.

We need to get a parts guru to help us figure this all out and come up with the best mounts available for us. I don't accept "discontinued" very well. I know that GM must have a replacment that fits and works just as good. I like the days when we plunked a worn out thing down on the GM parts counter and the guy "magically" produced a new one. Most of the time, it seemed like it was from another (newer) vehicle......... Have you ever researched the u-joints on a 1/2 ton chevy truck? I thin they fit 1953 through 1987..... or beyond.... But the computer won't tell you that..... it either takes a parts book or a parts guy that has time on his hands.

Mike

·
RetroCarGuy530
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I agree the mounts likely are the same, but I just don't have a way to prove that (yet).

I've passed along the info about the LS2 replacement part number to the SSR owner.

It would be wonderful if one of our "parts guys" had more info about this topic as well.

I've had my own parts fun this week. Installed a new alternator because of a squeaky bearing. My brake master cylinder was leaking fluid (trail of brake fluid going down the brake booster). I found a new OEM master brake cylinder on eBay for dirt cheap and I installed that yesterday. I hope to install the simple-engineering.com spare tire kit tomorrow!

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1 Posts
SSR / Trailblazer / Envoy engine mounts

I work at an auto repair shop and did quite a bit of research on this subject as we had a 2003 Envoy XL with a 5.3 that had bad motor mounts and also learned they were discontinued from GM... Long story short, Westar (google it) shows a part number for the motor mounts, but at the time of this writing they are still in development and a few months out. We were able use mounts from a 2006 Trailblazer SS with a 6.0. These bolted in and worked in our 2003 Envoy XL with a 5.3. P/N 19244831 and these motor mounts are still in production and a lot cheaper than the discontinued 15179507 and 15205964 engine mounts that GM called for originally in our application. If you call Chevy they do not cross so they more than likely will not know anything about these working in other vehicles.

Hope this helps!

:banghead

·
Premium Member
9,920 Posts
I work at an auto repair shop and did quite a bit of research on this subject as we had a 2003 Envoy XL with a 5.3 that had bad motor mounts and also learned they were discontinued from GM... Long story short, Westar (google it) shows a part number for the motor mounts, but at the time of this writing they are still in development and a few months out. We were able use mounts from a 2006 Trailblazer SS with a 6.0. These bolted in and worked in our 2003 Envoy XL with a 5.3. P/N 19244831 and these motor mounts are still in production and a lot cheaper than the discontinued 15179507 and 15205964 engine mounts that GM called for originally in our application. If you call Chevy they do not cross so they more than likely will not know anything about these working in other vehicles.

Hope this helps!

:banghead
Flynhi welcome to the fanatics from WNC

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Contact BYERS or RSSRTOY for the "real price" and availability of the motor mounts.
My left mount has been broken for some time.:mad
I purchased GM PART # 19244831 from GM Parts Direct for 46 bucks including shipping (by slow goat). I will let you know how the installation goes this weekend. From the diagram in my shop manual, and Shiftz33 post above, it looks correct, but this mount is massive. I sure hope it is the correct one. This is just the center rubber mount piece (item 4 in the diagram), it does not include the cage.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I don't rev the engine and then put it in gear, being an automatic, but the other day I was having some brake issues and I had another mechanic drive it and feel the brakes. The first thing he did was step in it hard from a standing stop and looked over at me and said "did you know your motor mount was broken?" I completely forgot about it until then. So here we are over two years later and I am just now going to install the mount. I still havent seen a thread where anyone else has posted if this is the correct part or not... we will see.:glol

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
left motor mount

So it took a little longer to get out there and actually do it, but, I installed the mount and yes, it is the correct part. So it went from $357.00 to $46.00 which includes shipping. It took me about 2 hours to do the job. The worst part of the whole thing was removing the 3 10mm screws from the engine compartment fuse holder. It has to be lifted out of the way to get to the left shock mount nuts. The bottom of the shock has to have a puller to get it off the mount, which added another $35.00 to the job, but now I have a new puller kit for the next project. The directions for lifting the engine, once the 6 bolts are removed from the mount, were a little confusing. The book says to lift the engine 2 and 1/4 inches, which is way too far if you still have the right motor mount bolted up. What it says is to lift the engine to 2 and 1/4 inches as measured from the transmission frame to the bottom of the oil pan, which means you are lifting the engine only about 3/4 of an inch to get clearance to remove the left mount. The left mount is a crazy piece of engineering. Massive cast iron plates with 6 inch long bolts and some slid in fittings to keep the frame mount part in place. It is no wonder they want $357.00 for the whole thing. It is actually 5 different parts, but the good news is the part that breaks is GM PART # 19244831 from GM Parts Direct and really was $46.00 shipped.
:flag:cheers
Then a nice pint of Guinness to cool down and took it out for a test.

The photos can be seen here! http://sdrv.ms/NrHoSw

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys I’m really stuck here I just bought a 2007 gmc c8500 truck after bringing it back to my Macanic he told me I needed rear engine mounts Left side part no:15074956
Right side 15074955 also 2 front springs part no:15012595 really need help here dang gmc and lot other company’s can’t find em ?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts