Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it better to start a new thread or add to an old one?

https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/roof-won-t-open-tonneau-panel-catches-226313/

I had the exact same problem. Unfortunately the tonneau cover broke from me forcing it to open. Now I need upgraded hinges and a replacement tonneau cover. Suggestions on sources for these parts. A red tonneau cover would save me from having it repainted.

Thanks,

Jack

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
I think it is always better to have your own thread instead of having to mix answers for someone else's problems with yours. And you can follow it better with your name instead of trying to remember who's thread you posted on. To clarify---you ARE talking about the roof cover, correctly called "Tonneau" cover, not the Bed cover.

Edit--your pictures came up while I was typing!!

Nick

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
If no one here has one, check Cleveland Power & Performance. They usually have a few SSR's parting out
Also if you want @BlueStreak can move this to "SSR Parts Wanted ?

Ha! another one beat me while I'm typing

Nick

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,304 Posts
Is it better to start a new thread or add to an old one?

https://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/roof-won-t-open-tonneau-panel-catches-226313/

I had the exact same problem. Unfortunately the tonneau cover broke from me forcing it to open. Now I need upgraded hinges and a replacement tonneau cover. Suggestions on sources for these parts. A red tonneau cover would save me from having it repainted.

Thanks,

Jack
Hey Jack,

The panel that is broken is called the flipper panel...... The tonneau is made of steel and the flipper panel is made of plastic. I see that yours has become delaminated as well as having the metal inserts pulled out of it. I know that I have a yellow and a silver, but I will check to see if I have a red one in my stash if you like.

The hinges you need are part numbers 15791421 and 15791422. I believe it is referred to as the "roof storage compartment lid lower hinge". Any hinges removed from a 2004 or newer will do fine. It's just the early 2003 that are the old geometry and softer steel.

Regards,

Mike

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
About this Discussion
6 Replies
4 Participants
Mike in AZ
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing