Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, My question is I have a pair of OEM Rear Trunk cargo bed storage bin box containers NEVER INSTALLED fits 2003-2006 chevrolet SSR from a 2004 SSR. They are pristine and have the keys too. Do you know how I can sell them?
Thank you,
Pat Fell
(non Premium members must use 'Conversation'for selling)
prefer text

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,437 Posts
@PAT FELL there are two problems with them. One they are big, two they are costly to ship. But if you do list them for sale and then need to ship them. The best thing to do is go to U Haul and get their sports packing boxes. They are made for golf clubs. If I remember correctly they are about $10 per box. stuff some paper or something to cushion the cargo box and slide it down in the box. Then see how much extra space you have on the opened end. You want to cut that down to make the box as short as possible. UPS and Fed Ex are probably the cheapest to ship them and buy cutting the box down to the shortest it can be, will save some money. When I got costs to ship a set, it reduced the shipping price by quite a bit by making the box as short (length wise) as I could. If I remember correctly it was like $20 per box difference between it long or cut down. Or list them as local pick up only. I also tied the keys to the bracket for the side and wrapped it all in the shrink wrap stuff, the wing nuts I put on the tracks and taped them up as well.
Good Luck

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,404 Posts
The most economical way to ship big stuff is Greyhound Freight. You box it up and take it to the Greyhound terminal and they send it to the terminal in the town nearest your customer. You can do it online and save some money as well. This is how I have sent fenders, fascias and tailgates across the country for $80 to $120. The box is hand loaded into the belly of the bus and unloaded by hand at the destination. Pretty “old school”.....

Mike

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
You'd think that they'd be pretty valuable as they were a relatively rare factory accessory that sold new for $400. But that's not the case. While some people like them, others find they take up too much space in the bed. There seems to be more saddle bags available than people who want them. I sold a set of used ones in good condition for $100. But the buyer also paid $125 shipping via greyhound bus. Total $225. I'm not saying that's the going rate but I think both the buyer and I were satisfied with the deal.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,614 Posts
Another idea would be to possibly attend the 2021 International rally in Cincinnati. You could advertise them here with prepayment and then pick up at the event. Would be a nice short vacation if you are close to the area and would offer you an opportunity to see and meet others with similar interests.

More information is here if you would like to attend or just stop by for a few hours - 2021 International SSR Rally Information

Helpful Links
Add your location on Fanatic PINMAP and locate others
SSR Technical Resource - Quick searchable help
Electronic Repairs - Speedometer, brake, door latch, fuse box, stereo
Billet letters for tailgate and under hood

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
One other question... do you have the mounting slats that fit into the bed rails? Those are kinda important.

·
Registered
06 Smoking Asphalt
2 Posts
Hi, My question is I have a pair of OEM Rear Trunk cargo bed storage bin box containers NEVER INSTALLED fits 2003-2006 chevrolet SSR from a 2004 SSR. They are pristine and have the keys too. Do you know how I can sell them?
Thank you,
Pat Fell
prefer text
Hi Pat,
I would be interested in the bags. What part of the country? Are you coming to Cincinnati?
Do you have the mounting rails?
Thank you,
Bob

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@PAT FELL there are two problems with them. One they are big, two they are costly to ship. But if you do list them for sale and then need to ship them. The best thing to do is go to U Haul and get their sports packing boxes. They are made for golf clubs. If I remember correctly they are about $10 per box. stuff some paper or something to cushion the cargo box and slide it down in the box. Then see how much extra space you have on the opened end. You want to cut that down to make the box as short as possible. UPS and Fed Ex are probably the cheapest to ship them and buy cutting the box down to the shortest it can be, will save some money. When I got costs to ship a set, it reduced the shipping price by quite a bit by making the box as short (length wise) as I could. If I remember correctly it was like $20 per box difference between it long or cut down. Or list them as local pick up only. I also tied the keys to the bracket for the side and wrapped it all in the shrink wrap stuff, the wing nuts I put on the tracks and taped them up as well.
Good Luck
Thank you for your feedback. I have my own small business. Shipping cartons and UPS account.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hi Pat,
I would be interested in the bags. What part of the country? Are you coming to Cincinnati?
Do you have the mounting rails?
Thank you,
Bob
Hi Bob, I looked at them and they have a metal bracket about in the center perpendicular to the bin. I have a ton of pictures. I am located below Youngstown, Ohio in Columbiana County. city called Leetonia, Ohio.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
One other question... do you have the mounting slats that fit into the bed rails? Those are kinda important.
They had a metal bracket attached to each about in the center. Looks like may 1.5 to 2" wide with some slats in it. I have photos.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,437 Posts
They have a rail with studs that stick up and then use plastic wing nuts in the bottom of each one. The rail slides into the track in the floor. A bracket that screws to the side at the top and a D ring holds it to the top rail with that.

·
Registered
3,578 Posts
They had a metal bracket attached to each about in the center. Looks like may 1.5 to 2" wide with some slats in it. I have photos.
You need to be looking for metal strips with threaded studs in them. Aprox 1/8" thick x 1" wide x about 3 feet long. As @Stlhotrod says, they are used to secure the bottom of the saddlebags.

·
Registered
06 Smoking Asphalt
2 Posts
Thank you,
Pat Fell
prefer text
Thank you,
Pat Fell
prefer text
Hi Pat,

Do you have a price in mind?

Bob

·
MY05SSR
2005 Aqua Blur, 6 speed
760 Posts
I don't think Pat is checking thread anymore since I ended up getting saddlebags

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.