Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am taking delivery of my 2004 Yellow SSR this later this week. Waiting for it to be shipped to me in California. Speaking to the dealer my 2004 has a prop rod for the hood support. I have read that 2004 was to be upgraded to struts. My production was in Dec as far as I can tell about the 60th 2004 built. Anybody heard of changes??:confused

·
Registered
349 Posts
Front Prop

I think lots of us would like to know if we can add struts and do away with the prop before the heavy hood hurts somebody. As soon as someone finds out if there is a retrofit, please let us know.

Thanks!

·
Registered
110 Posts
60th Knack?

"as far as I can tell about the 60th 2004 built"

I was just curious as to your sequence number. Just trying to narrow down where mine fits into the big scheme.

·
Registered
413 Posts
struts

mine was built first week of jan #3770 and it does not have struts

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
my vin# 3473. the GM web site says 111 2004 built in 2003 Dec. I am not sure of the exact cutoff for vin# for 2003. Anybody??

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
All I can say is my yellow SSR is STILL in Idaho waiting to be shipped to me in Calif. I am just can't wait anymore!!! But I guess I can't complain too much bought for Sticker Price!!!

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
The last 2003 was vin 3361 and the first 2004 was 3362. Hood struts are not yet available.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
If those are the production numbers mine SSR was the LAST one built in 2003. (GM web site shows 111 built in 2003) I dont know if that is good or bad but I see mine sitting around xmas or new years with everyone just wanting to go home!!!! The last project at my work is always have done!!!:banghead

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
There were some 2004 units built at the end of 2003. Hood struts will happen and will be available for retrofit. The timing has not been finalized.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
:cheers Freezer, If I could, I would buy you a beer my friend. Thanks for the heads up. We just need to be patient. I am sure the Lansing Plant and the ASC guys want this baby to be perfect and it will certainly be the start of something great. Realistically you have to expect a few bugs in a first year model. Glad to see the struts or better prop rod are on the way.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Back to the top, little thread...

freezer said:
There were some 2004 units built at the end of 2003. Hood struts will happen and will be available for retrofit. The timing has not been finalized.
It's time to bring this thread back to life.

I have read the owner's manual from cover to cover and found a couple of things of concern. One of them I will address here.

The manual says there are struts to raise and hold the hood. Yet we still have that cheesy prop rod on our trucks.

Any updates from those in the know on when the struts will be available? Any chance Chevrolet will do it for free? Back in '92 we bought the first Saturn wagon in the Washington, DC area and it (or any of the first few wagons) did not have a remote rear hatch release. Saturn sent the parts to our dealer and we took it in about two months later for a no charge upgrade. They added the remote hatch release and did not charge us anything. They even gave us a loaner car for the day while they installed it.

Diggs

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
#8662 in my garage now 5-7-04 and no hood struts yet.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts