Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi everyone I'm new to this site, and a new SSR owner, I just purchased a Yellow 2005 SSR which was used in the 2004 NASCAR Checker Auto Parts 500 on 11-7-2004 at the Phoenix International Raceway. They used a bunch of SSR's in the introductory ceremonies. My car was used to Introduce NASCAR driver Kasey Kahne #9. I have been trying to find any photos or video of the SSR’s at the track, but no luck so far. The car is still being transported from New Mexico to me, here on Long Island NY. I think this is going to be a sickness, I have purchased an SSR wall clock and key chain and I don’t even have the car yet. I have only driven a 2004, I can't wait to try the 05.

If anyone has any photos or video of the introductory ceremonies showing these cars at the track, please let me know.

Thanks Very Much,
Rich

Our Other Toys
2005 BMW 525 (Do you think my wife will finally let me drive it after she sees my SSR? The last time I had a convertible she borrowed it and I didn’t see it again for 18 months)
2000 GMC Yukon XL
2004 Sea Ray 390 Motor Yacht (Twin 480 Hp. Diesels)
2001 Superboat 21 Millennium (I think I need a tow package, this will look very cool behind the SSR)

Past Cool Rides
67 Comaro
Jaguar XKE 4.2 Roadster
Jaguar XJS V-12
Aztec Seven Kit Car
Triumph TR7 Hardtop
Triumph TR7 Convertible
66 T-Bird Special Edition (Third place national VTCA)
62 & 63 Lincoln Continental
65 Lincoln Continental Convertible
1969 Mustang Mach 1
Mazda MX-5 Miata
1963 Corvair Monza (My first car, it was cool to me)
We all made some mistakes along the way!

·
Registered
436 Posts
Jrys

That is very cool, it isn't just an SSR (which is rare in its own right) put it is a special event vehicle as well.

You know what you have to do now is plan a vacation where you can have Kasey Kahne autograph you car in the engine area, or somewhere, with a paint pen. Get a photo of that event as well. I can see the value going up on yours already!

You are correct, it is a sickness. We need to start an AA ( Autoholics Anonymous ) group. We will introduce new comers to long term members and set up help lines between them. That way when a buying-attack is going bad the new member can call his big brother ( or sister ) for help. After the new member is talked down and moved to a safe location, then the big brother can go buy the said vehicle to protect the new member from a future attack, .......ya, that's it, save those new members :bs Say, does anybody have an AA help number I can call?

Welcome to the forum
SA 13355

·
Registered
71 Posts
Another Nascar SSR

Hello,

I too purchased a Nascar SSR. Mine was used at the 2004 Pop Secret 500 at Fontana, California. I was at the race and wondered what they would do with all those SSRs, and a few months later I ended up with one from a local dealership. Mine was used for Dale Jarrett, and I hope to have him sign a picture I have of the SSR with the #88 stickers on it.
I am loooking for pictures of mine from that race, and so far have only found a few pictures of the group of SSRs. I will let you know if I find any photos of SSRs from Phoenix in my search.
I too have hit e-bay hard getting SSR stuff, and so far the coolest thing I have gotten is the "SSR, An American Original" Book. By looking on e-bay you should be able to find it for about half of the $50 chevy price.
Enjoy your SSR, and all the goodies to go with it. :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Keith

Rich

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
SSR M.E.
Thanks for the nice reply. I also want to get a signed photo by the NASCAR driver that was in my car, but what I would really like is to find a way to send him my motor cover insert and have him sign that and return it to me.

Rich

·
Premium Member
6,376 Posts
A person at my work said he's picking up an Indy SSR #38 2004 this weekend. He found it in Illinois with around 3500 miles on it. He said its red with special stripping on the sides.
Someone in our Forum said these SSR's were used around the different race tracks last year just for show mainly!
Any other info out there I can pass along to the new owner?

Scott 0168 :)

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Scott,

The one I have just purchased is a yellow 2005, it has the #9 on the door, a SSR decal on the rear fenders, a big bowtie on the hood (all in white) and AN AMERICAN REVOLUTION across the top of the front windshield. The car was only used at one race, the Checker Auto Parts 500.

Rich

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kwhopper89,

I tryed every which way from sunday to find any photos of the SSR's at the 2004 Checker Auto Parts 500, on motorsport.com, but no luck.

Thanks
Rich

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
wildcat66,

I will post some pictures as soon as my SSR arrives from NM.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts