Chevy SSR Forum banner

2004 Gauges

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  big-daddy 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed the optional gauges on their 2004? If so, what was the procedure, and where was the wire harness located? Under the dash or under the console? Also, has anyone ordered the brushed chrome accent cover that goes on top of the engine cover, that says SSR? I wanted to get it in yellow to match my SSR, but the dealer said it only comes in prime and I would have to have it sprayed. I don't believe this to be true. Has anyone run into this? Thanks.

#2 ·
Gage package

Use the search feature and type in 'Gage package'. Go down about four posts to 'Gage package (123)' and click on page 3. About half way down on page 3 there are pics by Rikssr of his installation.

#4 ·
FatherLarry said:
Thanks for where you lead me, but there's a better way that I found, than what was shown. Especially, the part about cutting the rug. Thanks again though, for your efforts.
Would you mind sharing that info? My gauge package is due to arrive this week, and I'm certainly open to any and all suggestions on installation.
Thank you,
Don

#9 ·
04 guage install

Its very easy, the connector is under the carpet, just in front of the console. the instructions tell you how to cut the carper, remove the padding and install the bracket, there is a mount & bolt for it already there, takes no more than 30 minutes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.