Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Worried about getting your manuals dirty?

No problem!

Just print out the pages you need and toss them in the trash when you get through.

PM bdub

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,700 Posts
Thanks to Billy, I now have 03/40 Manuals AND a CD!

I have had the Manuals for a number of years.

Thanks Bill, Works Great.

Easier than manual.

But I use both.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Richard

Are the same manuals used for 2003 and 2004?

What about '05 and '06. Is there just one manual for those?

Glad you like it.

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,700 Posts
Richard

Are the same manuals used for 2003 and 2004?

What about '05 and '06. Is there just one manual for those?

Glad you like it.
2003/2004 Service Manuals/Two BIG manuals.

2005/2006 Service Manuals/Two BIG Manuals.

Some overlapping or course but 05/06 IS different from 03/04.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2003/2004 Service Manuals/Two BIG manuals.

2005/2006 Service Manuals/Two BIG Manuals.

Some overlapping or course but 05/06 IS different from 03/04.

Dicktator
I meant to ask, is there only one set of manuals that cover both '03 and '04 and then another set that covers '05 and '06?

The set I bought from Helm for the 2004 model included three volumes. Two that were about 1.5" thick and another that was about 2.5" thick. Total of over 3,330 pages. I note that the set for '06 is slightly less expensive at $200 whereas the '04 set was $225. (+ ~$25 shipping)

Assuming that is correct and if there is any interest, I might buy a set of 2006 manuals and work a little magic on those, too.

('05 and '06 owners PM me if interested)

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,700 Posts
I meant to ask, is there only one set of manuals that cover both '03 and '04 and then another set that covers '05 and '06?

The set I bought from Helm for the 2004 model included three volumes. Two that were about 1.5" thick and another that was about 2.5" thick. Total of over 3,330 pages. I note that the set for '06 is slightly less expensive at $200 whereas the '04 set was $225. (+ ~$25 shipping)

Assuming that is correct and if there is any interest, I might buy a set of 2006 manuals and work a little magic on those, too.

('05 and '06 owners PM me if interested)
I bought my 03/04 from HELM also. Two volumes.

Not sure what comes with 05/06 but they are different.

Dicktator

·
Registered
27 Posts
SSR Roadster Servcie Manual

Hats off to Billy for his great work converting the 2004 Service Manual into a searchable PDF. Great value.

After downloading I went and checked out the Bose stereo section because I want to upgrade the speakers. Found out there is (an optional) remotely located amplifier. Good to know because that needs an upgrade too.

Happy New Year

Dave

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
My set is 03 only and is in two 2" vols. when I purchased it on EBay they were out of print from Helm. I'd like to have them unbound and scanned, but I fear that would be too costly. The paper the manual is printed on is extremely thin and I've been wondering how these scanning endeavors have turned out quality wise.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Premium Member
751 Posts
I already have a paper set of 2003 manuals but I think it's a great idea to be able to print out just the sheets you need. I've looked at a sample of the digital version prepared by bdub and printed up a few pages. They printed just fine. I'm going to purchase the digital version.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,821 Posts
I too have the paper copies and normally like to hold and read paper versus reading digital but I find with troubleshooting in the garage or for quick reference while doing something else that these digital copies really shine. I would much rather use digital than paper when working around the R. I can load them up on my tablet or laptop reference things much quicker, no need to print.

dbub has made the same manual available for the 05-06 models and it is VERY useful.

:thumbs

·
Premium Member
104 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thanks for the note, Mike.

I believe that the '04 manual covers both '03 and '04 model years and that the '06 manual covers both '05 and '06 model years.

I'd rather use the digital manuals any day over a paper manual. Ctrl+F, enter search term, BAM! I'm where I need to be. Ctrl+P to print the page and I'm out there under the hood with it. I don't care if it gets greasy or not. Use a highlighter for important lines. Who cares? Toss it when done.

That's why my '06 paper manuals are up for sale.

See: SSR Manuals

I too have the paper copies and normally like to hold and read paper versus reading digital but I find with troubleshooting in the garage or for quick reference while doing something else that these digital copies really shine. I would much rather use digital than paper when working around the R. I can load them up on my tablet or laptop reference things much quicker, no need to print.

bdub has made the same manual available for the 05-06 models and it is VERY useful.

:thumbs

1 - 20 of 25 Posts