Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Bought a new ram 2500 and now two of my vehicles have to go. This just hit 57,000 miles. I've lowered it 2" front and back. Installed belltech shocks and struts. Android radio with Bluetooth and navigation plus any app you want to install. New gas struts for the bed cover, spider led taillights with led flasher module, tinted windows, clear wind deflector, new brake pads, flowmaster 40 series exhaust, backup camera, color matched wing. If interested call or email me at (Non-supporting members must use PMs to communicate for sales)

Need to get $19,000

Attachments

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
In my book, you're spot on on your pricing. I bought mine, which is almost identical to yours, a little over a year ago. It had 42K miles and I paid $20K. Good luck to you but sorry to see you sell it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Hello
I am in Illinois and I am in the market for an SSR.
There are currently 7 available in the area in the colors I like, including yours.
I am slowly making rounds with the goal of seeing them all.

I'll keep an eye on your ebay listing, wish you luck!

$19k your SSR is out of my budget, I do not want to waste your time by just showing up and not making a fair offer.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I have to price it a little higher other wise people come in and try to offer 17 or 16 or 15.... I've had so many people tell me they want it but are shopping in that low range, yet I'm one of the cheapest in the nation under 100k miles. I'm debating listing it on eBay again but $50 a listing it's turning into a loosing battle. I'd love to price it everywhere at 17,900 but everyone wants to make a deal. Be the big man. Talk em down so I'm stuck having to play the price game.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,171 Posts
A couple comments here.
Sounds too cheap to begin with.
1. Most good condition '04 SSR's go for about $21,000 or $22,000 range.
2. E-Bay is a bad place to list it as most folks on there only bid to steal it.
3. Chevy SSR forum another bad place as most folks already have one and can't afford a second one.
4. Need to get out in other markets like auto trader etc. or even list with a dealer where they get you your price and keep the rest or you pay them a fee to sell it.
5. I would start out at about $22,500.00 and then let an interested party pull you down to $20,000 because that is what you wanted anyway. Win Win. Allows you a little wiggle room.

Just some things to think about. You kind of shot yourself in the foot with the $19,000 listing because no one will want to pay that now and will try to get you much lower. No sense giving it away. I hate to say it but buying and selling vehicles is like a game. Good luck.

Reactions: tennesseecozydog

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
Not the 05 you're looking for @Boyd ... But the right color and sounds like a great deal!!!
"Cru" my opinion also ... excellent deal !!! I wasn't gonna' print this, but what the "H" ... went to the Triune (half way between Murfreesboro & Franklin) one Sunday afternoon, lady had an old Pine Bookcase she wanted 50 dollars for. I said "Mam, have you been insulted today" ??? She said "I don't think so" I said, "I'm fixin' to insult you" and she replied "what do you mean" I said " I got a 20 dollar bill that's yours, for that 50 dollar book case" And ... she said "since you put it that way, give me the 20 and it's yours" Damn I felt bad after she said that. Also, there's nothin' wrong with sayin' "Can you help me out on the price a little" ??? A rather stupid remark is "I'll give you X number of dollars for your SSR" !!! My reply would be this is not a yard sale or a flea market ... end of conversation. I wouldn't even answer him. Like I posted 8 or 7 years ago (Cajun talk) a guy wanted 19 Five for his 55 Chevy ... Can you help me out on the price ??? He laughed and said "yow, 500 dollars. Back then gas was a Dollar a gallon so that bought 500 gallons of gas (what was that ??? 33 tanks of Petro at 15 gallons per fill up)

Times Up Bob ... Get off the Soap Box take a Deep Breath and :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: !!! Big day 2 weeks from today ... Tennessee State Rally/Meet & Greet :ssr :silver: :black: :yellow: :blur: :blue: :purple: and Lady Di's beautiful special two tone paint scheme. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2:

Y'all come now ya' hear !!! Walk In's ... I mean Drive In's Welcome !!! Actually the "Green Flag" waves on Friday afternoon at the HOLIDAY INN EXPRESS (615 849 9000) and the Checkered Flag Sunday Morning !!!

·
Registered
184 Posts
the following is my line of thinking, as a buyer, I am putting it here in hopes it would help sellers to better understand the other side. If it does not help, I profusely apologize for wasting space and your time.
I am looking for SSR that will be my one and only truck; I live around Chicago, so it will have to live through rain and snow. My personal reason for seeking out SSR as opposed to any other convertible, is the fact that I am tall, 6'3 and I just do not fit into the convertibles I can afford. The reason I am looking for a convertible is that fact that I like to smoke cigars and nothing makes a commute better than a smoke in a convertible with the top down.
Given these starting facts, let’s move on to the selection process.
The colors: black - is too hard to maintain looking good on salted roads and red- is just not me. Any other color is fine, but silver and yellow are preferred for the maintenance reasons.
Seeing how this trucks is going to suffer through tough driving conditions, my commute is about 40 miles one way, every day; it really should not have nice plush bed-liner, that is just going to get ruined by water, same goes for fancy wheels that will be eaten by salt.
Thus I am looking for no bells, but well maintained truck with no more than 60k on the clock.
I do all of the mechanical work on my cars myself, so the value of modifications is appropriately reduced, at least in my mind. Clearly a truck that had after market, radiator, air dam, breaks, lifters, roof cylinder installed and upgraded do carry additional $3k in parts even if the labor is ignored.
when it comes to price, around Illinois I visited three SSRs so far, Lucky Motors had the truck that would fit my requirements with 45K miles on it in a base trim, but previous owner added touchscreen radio with back up camera and 22'' wheels. I am not a fan of touch screens and 22''s would have to go or they will not live through the winter, dealer wanted 15k, but would not want to trade the wheels and I did not want to mess with that either.
Kearns has a black SSR with only 3k miles on it, but it was black and I will not feel right commuting in a what should be preserved as a collectors car with only 3k miles.
Dominion has SSR for $17k but it is red. There is an ultra-violate that just for listed with only 11k miles.
All in all there are exactly 20 SSR around me within easy driving distance.
But either they are low miles, well optioned and expensive or the wrong color.
Thus currently, there is really only one SSR that fits my requirements and it is this one, from Ryan.
I am not certain if a lowered truck will clear the snow when coming out of my subdivision, plenty of cars got stuck winter after winter.
I can also take out the touch screen to appease my own specific taste. So it could work, but at the right price.
so how do I figure out the price? I think we can all agree that a dealer listed price is open for negotiation, thus I take dealer prices as a starting point. what do we have nationwide:
Houston $14.9 90k
Sunland $15.9 86k
$15.9 72k
$15.9 87k
$16k 60k
$16.5 66k (purple)
Landers $16.9 45k
Cali car $16.9 48k (purple)
You can see the quoted prices in the attachment. The color purple is noted for a “rarity” bonus.
Thus I can see that a truck with around 60k miles is going with an asking price of 16k on average, clearly a dealer will come down a grand and maybe a grad and a half.
So the strike price I am looking for is $14.500, right?
The lucky motors were giddy with joy at $15k, so I am sure I could have negotiated and gotten $14.5, thus this experience only reinforces my believe that I am right on the money with that price for a base SSR with 47k miles on it. I could be wrong. Also as previously discussed, upgrades from Mike and Simple Engineering will add to the price.
Yet I would not feel right even trying to talk Ryan down on his price as he clearly values his SSR well above measly $14.5
Just wanted to share what is running through my head, let me know you thoughts, feel free to PM, so not to pollute this thread.
thank you for reading to the end :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
BlueStreaks word is Gold ... he likes it, enuff said !!!

Question ??? If you do all the mechanical work on your vehicles, why does the mileage matter ??? 100 or 150,000 miles on a well taken care of engine is nothing and you'll come closer to getting one, say at 13 or 14,000 dollars. 400 miles a work week X 50 = 20,000 work miles a year. Looks like there are several for sale in the "Chicargo" area, so fill up your old fruit jar with 140 one dollar bills and make the rounds. I guarantee you one of those owners will not let you walk away with that beautiful jar full of "green stuff" !!!

Oh, by the way :00000732: to the wonderful world of SSRanatics !!! Keep us posted !!!

tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
BlueStreaks word is Gold ... he likes it, enuff said !!!

Question ??? If you do all the mechanical work on your vehicles, why does the mileage matter ??? 100 or 150,000 miles on a well taken care of engine is nothing and you'll come closer to getting one, say at 13 or 14,000 dollars. 400 miles a work week X 50 = 20,000 work miles a year. Looks like there are several for sale in the "Chicargo" area, so fill up your old fruit jar with 140 one dollar bills and make the rounds. I guarantee you one of those owners will not let you walk away with that beautiful jar full of "green stuff" !!!

Oh, by the way :00000732: to the wonderful world of SSRanatics !!! Keep us posted !!!

tennesseecozydog :ssr
Bob,
You gotta get the math right $140.00 ain't gonna cut it no matter how you try to spin it!

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
Bob,
You gotta get the math right $140.00 ain't gonna cut it no matter how you try to spin it!
You got that right "Blue" ... didn't proof my story :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I MEANT a 140 One Hundred Dollar Bills !!! (I had 140 100 dollar bills originally and I didn't think it looked right, so I went back and changed it to 140 one hundred dollar bills BUT somehow I blew it !!! Thanks for bringing this to my attention !!! tennessee"proof your story" dog :grin2: :grin2: :grin2:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
You got that right "Blue" ... didn't proof my story :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I MEANT a 140 One Hundred Dollar Bills !!! (I had 140 100 dollar bills originally and I didn't think it looked right, so I went back and changed it to 140 one hundred dollar bills BUT somehow I blew it !!! Thanks for bringing this to my attention !!! tennessee"proof your story" dog :grin2: :grin2: :grin2:
I suspected something like that but did not want to assUme anything because we all know how that turns out.:laugh:

1 - 20 of 26 Posts