Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,564 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They sold a 2004 SSR with 14,000 for $20,000 !!

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,434 Posts
Yeeeep, the age of cars with lots of fancy electronic gizmos is leaving the original muscle card behind. I'm thinking that it won't be long before non-electric vehicles will have to pay another tax.

·
Premium Member
5,903 Posts
Yeeeep, the age of cars with lots of fancy electronic gizmos is leaving the original muscle card behind. I'm thinking that it won't be long before non-electric vehicles will have to pay another tax.
Keep your eye on California, it will start there.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
Keep your eye on California, it will start there.
It is already happening. The gas is way more expensive and taxed based on quantity as well as price/gal. The electrics do not pay gas tax so they are not supporting the roads and the hybrids do not use as much gas so they are not paying their fair share either. There is talk about a mileage tax to pay for the roads but most of my miles are driven out of this state and I do not want to pay CA for those miles.

·
Premium Member
2,889 Posts
It is already happening. The gas is way more expensive and taxed based on quantity as well as price/gal. The electrics do not pay gas tax so they are not supporting the roads and the hybrids do not use as much gas so they are not paying their fair share either. There is talk about a mileage tax to pay for the roads but most of my miles are driven out of this state and I do not want to pay CA for those miles.
My thoughts on electric vehicles (EVs) and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles (PHEVs) I sent to my faculty members earlier this year

"It’s about time these people that are currently getting their energy paid for by taxpayers by plugging into a recharging station at government buildings or government funded recharging stations, start to contribute financially to the roads that they are using. They should also put a credit card machine on charging stations and impose a road tax on those besides an increase in license plate fees for EVs and PHEVs. Also adding an outlet for the purpose of charging or a charging station at any residence or place of business should also pay a one-time impact and an annual fee to help improve the infrastructure that they are helping to overload! "

They don't get off totally tax free in every state and they are going to get hit more.
read the following if you are interested in this stuff

http://www.ncsl.org/research/energy/new-fees-on-hybrid-and-electric-vehicles.aspx

Ohio is discussing joining the 20 other states imposing fees on these tree loaders

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,370 Posts
Dang.....I was just telling Madeline yesterday about a dream I had where there were strangers passing by in a museum looking in at my 2006 FPR SSR ((Black Knight)) and seeing this dried-up old fossil in the driver's seat. I woke up nonetheless with a big smile realizing that I really had been buried in my beloved gas-guzzling 6.0L LS2!!!!! :smile2: :smile2:

2019-01-16-14-33-19--375391232.jpeg
((No more high octane, you say!?!?!!?!))​

================
David :black:
2018-11-15-16-34-26-1871024997.jpeg

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,078 Posts
Won't happen until all of us born in the 40's are dead. Long live the big engine high horse power loud vehicles. It is like our guns, they will have to pry our cold dead hands from the steering wheel.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
If you listen to, and believe, Elon Musk, the transformation is coming quicker that you think. But most of us (old farts) will likely be able to ride out the storm as gas guzzling, internal combustion engines will hopefully be around for a while.

·
Premium Member
5,903 Posts
If you listen to, and believe, Elon Musk, the transformation is coming quicker that you think. But most of us (old farts) will likely be able to ride out the storm as gas guzzling, internal combustion engines will hopefully be around for a while.
Agree, but how many "Soccer Mom's" are going to wait for the battery to charge, who they had to be somewhere a hour ago.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts