Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need help..Went to a local dealership and was enticed by a 2004 new ssr they cant get rid of. I fell in love but presently own a yellow 2003 s-10 that i really like...its awesome ....On the window the dealer states 14,000 off when we got to negotiations they gave me a price of 32090 without haggling. The MSRP was 46090 with all the options and dealer fees..I find it hard to believe they cant go down anymore in price? Are they discontinuing the ssr after 2006 that is what the salesperson told me....I really need some advice...Are they giving those types of rebates on the 2005? Does the dealer have more room to go under the 32090? I was thinkind 14000 off the invoice MSRP which would leave it at 29040. Anybody think I can get a 2005 for nearly the same amount? Or would I be getting a great deal at 29500? The 2004 has 900+ miles on it...I really love this car....Is it true that the car takes 93...or 87 fine?
thanks
Alex in Miami

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I paid $32,000 for my 2004 SSR brand new, 0 miles!! I would think the dealer could do better. No, you will not get a 2005 for the same price. Yes, the car does take 93 or 87 octane fuel.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

Does the factory recommend 87 or 93...How much should the 2005 go for? Why cant they get rid of the 2004? What do you think will be the lowest they can go? Best guess?
Thanks for your time!

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,319 Posts
gocanes26 said:
Does the factory recommend 87 or 93...How much should the 2005 go for? Why cant they get rid of the 2004? What do you think will be the lowest they can go? Best guess?
Thanks for your time!
Factory says 87 is fine in the stock 03-04s but the 05-06s should use premium. Mine runs fine on regular, thankfully...the average price of regular in my area is 2.89 and premium is over $3.

Paid 34,200 on a MSRP 48,500 in March w/232 miles. CA tends to be a bit higher than the prices I have seen 04s going for in the mid-west and east coast areas. Took me 6 weeks to get my dealer down from sticker to what I wanted to pay...patience is everything!

Good luck in finding your dream :ssr

·
Registered
102 Posts
I paid just over $31K WITH taxes etc out the door for my 04 at the end of Feb 05. Slingshot Yellow with a stickerjust over $48K. There were special GM dollar deals (I had only $435 on my card at the time) but qualifed for the GM loyalty discount. The bottom line is 05's have been out and 06's are going to be in soon. If you are serious they should want to move the SSR. You won't get that good a deal on an 05, not with the change to the 390hp & manual option. 87 fuel runs fine unless you get a programmer and then you use the 91 program. I did and it really wakes up the SSR and no problems and NEVER a single hint of detonation.

Bottom line? If you really like the one you can get - get it. For $1K or so you will be mad if you let it get away from you.

Good luck and be ready for a LOT of attention if you get it!!!

·
Premium Member
3,957 Posts
I just purchased a 2005 "Smokin Asphalt" 6 Speed the begining of August. The sticker on the window was $50,010.00 but I paid $39,600.00 plus tax and tags, $43,000.00 out the door. The owner of the dealership came into the showroom to tell me he lost $1,800.00 on the SSR. They had it on their back lot for 271 days and really wanted to sell it. I have not heard of any selling for less with a window sticker this high or with the options I have on mine. The 06 is supposed to be value priced better then the previous years, I just cannt see it going to low.

I had the oil and filter changed today (Mobil 1 Synthetic) at 1000 miles. I dont have any problems at all with my 05 as other have reported.

·
Registered
41 Posts
check ebay, jim ellis chevy in atlanta had 5 or 6 new units (05') for 36,995 there was
a conflict in the description of the vehicle in the written part of the ad where the price
seemed to be 37,995 hope that helps!

·
Registered
17 Posts
a used 2003

I was an auto mall in Pamdale Ca that has a used 2003 yellow SSR for sale at 35,990, reduced from 39,990. I checked the mileage on it and it is less than 10k. it's at the KIA dealership, for heavens sake.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Runs great on 87 octane & price OK

I've had my ultraviolet since the Ides of May, picked up with 17 miles on it in Valencia CA for $36K + tax & fees. They told me that they lost $1600 on the deal. Regardless of what I hear of real killer deals, I'm still loving the drive!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
gocanes26 said:
I need help..Went to a local dealership and was enticed by a 2004 new ssr they cant get rid of. I fell in love but presently own a yellow 2003 s-10 that i really like...its awesome ....On the window the dealer states 14,000 off when we got to negotiations they gave me a price of 32090 without haggling. The MSRP was 46090 with all the options and dealer fees..I find it hard to believe they cant go down anymore in price? Are they discontinuing the ssr after 2006 that is what the salesperson told me....I really need some advice...Are they giving those types of rebates on the 2005? Does the dealer have more room to go under the 32090? I was thinkind 14000 off the invoice MSRP which would leave it at 29040. Anybody think I can get a 2005 for nearly the same amount? Or would I be getting a great deal at 29500? The 2004 has 900+ miles on it...I really love this car....Is it true that the car takes 93...or 87 fine?
thanks
Alex in Miami
If your interested I have a 2004 SSR loaded that I never drive so I am selling it. I haven't put an add in here yet but I will soon. e-mail me at, ( [email][email protected][/email] )

·
Registered
416 Posts
artsmart said:
Factory says 87 is fine in the stock 03-04s but the 05-06s should use premium.
My '05 owners manual says it will run fine on regular grade gas (87 octane), and will realize "increased performance" on premium grade. I've run both, and in general usage, can't really tell any difference. (I'm a cruiser, not a racer...)

·
Registered
178 Posts
gocanes26 said:
thanks
Alex in Miami

Another factor you may want to consider is financing rates. Unless you pay cash up front, the financing is going to add to the bottom line in the long run. I declined the 4000.00 dealer discount at 5.99% percent financing thru gmac because I saved more money in the long run by financing at 0% interest :flag

·
Registered
374 Posts
O5 Smokin Asphalt

Paid $37,800 on a sticker price of $49,400, and got $4,000 over book ACV on my trade. GMAC financing was supposed to be a "special" low rate, but compared to 0 percent, eh, not so special. I don't have a real problem with the dealer making a lttle back end on the financing, especially when they really took in the shorts on the sale. Financing interest can be mitigated with an early pay out, to some extent. Still Ford Credit was offering some pretty low rates including 0 percent, but nothing on anything exciting (like a Mustang GT), though the 06 Harley Davidson F150 was being offered with 2.9 percent (4.9 for longer rates) and $1,000 FMC cash. GMAC was kinda sucking wind here.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.