Chevy SSR Forum banner

2004 SSR inventory levels!

3K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  lloger 
2004 Leftovers

We probably shouldn't be crying over spilled milk. I don't know of any SSR owners who bought their toy for investment or resale value. If they did, they need a new fianancial planner.

Let's face it. Buying any new car is probably bad financial management given the high first year depreciation, especially unproven concept type vehicles. But many of us are willing to pay the premium for:

1) being the first kid on the block with the new toy
2) having something fairly unique with a high "fun" factor
3) bragging rights.

....so regardless of inventory numbers, falling prices, future of the SSR, just enjoy what you have and be grateful that you had enough money (or good credit) to buy one of these beauties.

From reading early posts on this site, there were a lot of folks that paid way, way over sticker for the 03's, but I don't think they were worried about inventory, lower demand, lower prices, etc.......it's what they wanted and they wanted it now.

So let's stop worrying about the inevitable with these type "toy" purchases. Just my two cents. Have fun and driver safe. Regards, CARNUT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.