Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I said I would keep all you great folks up to date about my SSR.
Well...on Valentines Day I met with the BBB & a rep from GM and the decision was made.
GM is buying back my 2004 SSR <smokin asphalt> I will be getting back @ $42,000 on it plus my warranty money.
I wanted to purchase a 2006 with keeping my 0% financing but they couldnt guarentee the percentage rate. Also it would go msrp to msrp. We all know that no one is paying $51,000 for the SSR,like the stickers says. So I am better off with the buy back.

I spent the rest of the day test driving cars.....Dodge Charger Daytona R/T. Almost bought it....didnt....Ford Mustang GT ...nope...HHR....not even a close replacement...

Nothing could replace my SSR....well..not mine...mine was a problematic disaster!
Despite that fact,I know it was just my car and was willing to try again.
Last night I bought my car,,,,,,,

2005 Brand New Aqua Blur 6 speed manual!!! Awesome...I love it!
My old Lemon SSR still sits in the driveway next to the new one. GM will arrange pick-up within 30 days. I will miss the black,but not the problems. What a difference between the 04 & 05! Huge power difference,I love the manual drive too!
I paid $36,000 for this car...cant complain.

Hopefully I will never have the problems with the new SSR that I had on the old one.Wish me luck!:cool

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Sounds like you have a better SSR, Enjoy...:thumbs

RickSSR :cool

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Zoe Tat2girl said:
Well...on Valentines Day I met with the BBB & a rep from GM and the decision was made.
GM is buying back my 2004 SSR <smokin asphalt> I will be getting back @ $42,000 on it plus my warranty money.
I wanted to purchase a 2006 with keeping my 0% financing but they couldnt guarentee the percentage rate. Also it would go msrp to msrp. We all know that no one is paying $51,000 for the SSR,like the stickers says. So I am better off with the buy back.

I spent the rest of the day test driving cars.....Dodge Charger Daytona R/T. Almost bought it....didnt....Ford Mustang GT ...nope...HHR....not even a close replacement...

Nothing could replace my SSR....well..not mine...mine was a problematic disaster!

My old Lemon SSR still sits in the driveway next to the new one. GM will arrange pick-up within 30 days. I will miss the black,but not the problems. What a difference between the 04 & 05! Huge power difference,I love the manual drive too!

Hopefully I will never have the problems with the new SSR that I had on the old one.Wish me luck!:cool
I don't understand why you still have the 2004. When I had my buy back it had to be returned to the selling dealer by me for GM pickup.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ricochet said:
I don't understand why you still have the 2004. When I had my buy back it had to be returned to the selling dealer by me for GM pickup.

I have to wait for further instructions from GM. I bought the car out of state,so they are going to make arrangements to get the car.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
RickSSR said:
Sounds like you have a better SSR, Enjoy...:thumbs

RickSSR :cool

Thanks! I am planning on enjoying this car to the fullest! No more crazy wipers or bad driveshafts!:)

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,105 Posts
Congrats

on your successful trade. All you gotta do now is get your new one out and drive it..... a lot.

It just doesn't get much better than that.

Regards,

Mike

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Three Cheers

Zoe Tat2girl said:

Three cheers for Z T for staying in the family!!!! :jester

·
it's 5 o'clock somewhere!
16,301 Posts
thanks for your threads

:ssr
Zoe - I was just reading your update, and was curious as to what was wrong with your '04, so found your original thread and I, for one, really appreciate you writing it to inform the rest of us. Especially cuz I own an '04!

Good luck with the new one (almost bought that same truck last June but '04's price was slashed by $26,000)

:seeya Sandy

·
A Little BIG JIM
3,351 Posts
Zoe Tat2girl said:

Zoe Tat2girl, can you give us the last 5 digits of your '04 and '05 Vin numbers ? Buy the way enjoy that new Aqua Blur with the sick.....may you have many smooth cruisn days.....
BIG JIM:cheers

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,436 Posts
Congratulations!

With all the problems you had with your '04 it speaks volumes about the appeal of the SSR that you went out and got another one. Best of luck with your new ride and you did pick the BEST color!:) :thumbs

·
Registered
170 Posts
Hey

Hey Zoe, like many of us I have followed your adventures and think its great your back in a lil ole chevy pickup truck, I currently live in Cashiers N.C. but I travel to Ashville and Franklin often to check on rental houses and see my Daughters, so if you spot a red truck or I see your aqua I'll chase you down and say hey! P.S. warning, when Gina from maggie valley gets back from her months and months of beach vacation there will be another red sled, probably around the mall areas!! Hope to run into you soon! 2Otters:ssr :cool

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Otter said:
Hey Zoe, like many of us I have followed your adventures and think its great your back in a lil ole chevy pickup truck, I currently live in Cashiers N.C. but I travel to Ashville and Franklin often to check on rental houses and see my Daughters, so if you spot a red truck or I see your aqua I'll chase you down and say hey! P.S. warning, when Gina from maggie valley gets back from her months and months of beach vacation there will be another red sled, probably around the mall areas!! Hope to run into you soon! 2Otters:ssr :cool

Be back arounfd March 20th :) :mad Yeah, I could probably be spotted near the mall at some point but I do work A LOT when I get back home so I do a lot of that down here.

·
Thank You To Our Troops
19,853 Posts
Glad you stuck with the SSR. Hope all is good with the new one. As you know you are just a stones throw away from me in Maggie Valley. You should come over and Slay the Dragon with us the weekend of May 20th. I will stop by your shop when I get back home.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
Glad to hear your problems were solved. Now I think you better give us the old vin so we can keep tabs on it. I would hate to see that up for sale on E-bay.

BTW, excellent choice of colors!:thumbs

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Good idea Focks, and I am glad you are back in the fold and even if you didn't pick Slingshot, we will accept that you at least made the right choice with the SSR!!

Do you temp. Tattoos? :) (BIG CHICKEN)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Zoe Tat2girl said:

Good Luck!!! What kind of problems with the '04 ??? We have a '04 Smokin Asphalt with 2800 miles on it.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts