Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,185 Posts
Mike Joy remarked he is looking for a trailer hitch after describing it to the viewers..

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
Seems like a great price for an 04, have seen them go from high teens to $22-23,000 on a regular basis. Unless its a cherry with no miles I don't think the 03-04's will do much better, remember higher price will always go for 05-06 because of 6.0 motors and some having manual transmissions.

·
Super Moderator
13,916 Posts
Not sure what the frown is about - 2004 owners should break into the happy dance seeing that number!
$27k + 10% is Huge for a MY2004.
Tough to exceed very low $20's on the open market

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
Not sure what the frown is about - 2004 owners should break into the happy dance seeing that number!
$27k + 10% is Huge for a MY2004.
Tough to exceed very low $20's on the open market
Yea, I wondered the same thing...

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
That was a great price for a 2004 with a paint job that you could love or hate.

One very big achievement with this year's auction is that four of the five SSRs were televised. The fifth could have been, but I wasn't watching all the time.

Can't tell you how many times many of us anticipated upcoming SSRs, then we complained bitterly that SSRs just didn't get on TV - they all seemed to cross the block during commercials, including the pace trucks in Scottsdale, and the Brickyard truck in Palm Springs.

I remember Mike Joy coming on the forum to explain how difficult it was to please all the car communities.

I remember a UV being televised a few years ago when it was purchased by a BJ regular, but not many others.

Reactions: mikebike

·
I DO WINDOWS
8,824 Posts
SSR seen ... They where pushing "variety" with trucks being the fad item this year.

I did not think hitch was rare item. I would have guessed box surround edges for when lid was off would be more rare.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
That was a great price for a 2004 with a paint job that you could love or hate.

One very big achievement with this year's auction is that four of the five SSRs were televised. The fifth could have been, but I wasn't watching all the time.

Can't tell you how many times many of us anticipated upcoming SSRs, then we complained bitterly that SSRs just didn't get on TV

I remember a UV being televised a few years ago when it was purchased by a BJ regular, but not many others.
^^^ That was Tammy Allen. I always wondered where she was when I was selling our :purple: '04. She paid a lot more for a 20k'something mile at that time.

$27K is very good money, with or without commission added.

·
Registered
5,218 Posts
SSR seen ... They where pushing "variety" with trucks being the fad item this year.

I did not think hitch was rare item. I would have guessed box surround edges for when lid was off would be more rare.
I do not think Mr. Joy would know about that accessory.{not available on RPO } I'm sure you are correct about not many were ordered. I have one, and am very disappointed.
As for the hitch insert, easy to find.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
This auction has certainly changed over the past few years. But then I suppose that reflects the change in the market. I found the plethora of Corvettes, Mustangs, Malibus and Tri-5's to be boring. I watched quite a bit of it and to me the variety of cars and trucks seemed limited. It may be different live on the scene, but I found the TV coverage to be lacking. It didn't bother me a bit that my wife wanted to change the channel.

I will say that after watching it that I do feel very positive about our SSR's. They are great trucks that are holding their own in a sea of collector / performance vehicles. I't only a matter of time before the nice ones start to a rise in value.

·
Premium Member
90 Posts
I was in awe about how much cash was spent over the auction. Our SSRs will certainly begin the climb up the value ladder as time passes. In the meantime, they need their exercise, so make sure you enjoy your cruising time.

·
Premium Member
9,296 Posts
SSR values at auction are generally above those of other vehicles.

Prime example was the 2012 low mileage (29K miles) 6.2 L Camaro SS with Magnuson supercharger, Hotchkis suspension, BBS wheels, Corsa exhaust, that sold for $25K on Sunday morning.

Reactions: 240 Gordy
1 - 13 of 13 Posts