Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see the 2004 SSR pictured on GM Buy Power web site. You can now choose 2003 or 2004 but there is no pricing or ability to build the 2004 yet. Looks like they are getting close to switching over. Don't see anything different from the picture, but hard to tell. I don't really expect to see a change. Although I thought they might do some minor detail to distinguish '03's from '04's. I see they offer chrome wheels as an option for '04.

I'm torn between hunting for an '03 which I know will be more valuable or waiting to see what it looks like in silver and the blue/purple. I don't really care for silver cars but I think the SSR might look really good in silver. Not sure about the blue/purple, would rather it be just blue. I think I read it will be the same blue as the concept and signature series. Does anyone know for sure? If anyone has seen the signature series in the daylight can you comment on how purple it looks?

Sorry about being so wishy washy but this car ain't cheap, so I want to try and make the right choice. A 2003 at or near MSRP would be nice but so far all dealers in my area are trying for 10K-15K over. Even when I tell them they are going for $46,000 to $50,750 on ebay. Never bought on ebay, makes me a bit nervous.

Thanks for listening,

Todd

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I hope the update their site so that those of us who want to can enter our VIN number and get updates on TSB's and such. Last time I tried to add my vin to update my SSR on GM Buypower, they did not even list the SSR.

·
Registered
181 Posts
I too tried to enter my SSR into the GMLink system which if for all GM owners. It gives you a record of maintenance of your vehicle and lets you know when some scheduled maintenance is due. I couldn't enter the SSR because there was no listing for it. I E-mailed GMLink asking when I would be able to enter my car and their reply was that they really weren't familiar with that particular vehicle, they would investigate, and perhaps make the system accept the SSR sometime in the future. Wake up GM, there are lots of SSR's out there and there's going to be a lot more!

·
Premium Member
1,246 Posts
:) :) :) :) :) :)

I have seen both the Concept SSR and VIN # 006 up close and personal. The Concept vehicle has a 10 coat paint process giving it a more blue look, but depending on how you view it in the light it can vary from a purple to a medium blue to a deep blue hue. It is simply fantastic. I still look at some pictures I took and love that color.

The Signature series vehicles were hand built and painted using a four coat process that tried to duplicate the Concept vehicle...It turned out to look like medium/dark purple with a little metallic in it. Not close to the concept.

They are trying to get closer to the Concept vehicle Ultraviolet with the paint for 2004. This paint on the line is a single coat process, I just don't see it getting better that the Signature Series vehicle. I will have to see one in person before I can say. The color of vehicles in pictures can vary greatly from the up close and personal view.

I don't expect much change in the body of the vehicle at all. Big changes may be color, engines options, manual tranny. Chrome wheels are an option for 2004.

Other things available now are body color Cargo Campartment Strips/Bed Track Covers. They are available in Satin Chrome, Redline Red, Ultraviolet, and Slingshot Yellow.

·
Premium Member
887 Posts
Don't look for an engine or tranny option anytime soon. The engineers have to build a mock-up of each version for testing, which is very expensive. They have to pass crash and emission tests before they can be introduced. However, I hope that they are planning for 6.0.:cool

1 - 5 of 5 Posts