Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any of your folks have these problems ?

Instrument Panel Cluster sent out for repair instead of replacing (1000 miles on SSR)

New Driveshaft on order

Hvac order for fan motor

Passenger side airbag and cover being replaced on order

Hood Prop and Hindge being replaced for the hood fell on me while checking the oil

Mat where tops folds into split on both sides

Bed cover won't pop up at all just clicks

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
Instrument Panel Cluster sent out for repair instead of replacing (1000 miles on SSR) No.

New Driveshaft on order: Yes, driveshaft replaced to eliminate "ting".

Hvac order for fan motor: No, but have heard that many replaced.

Passenger side airbag and cover being replaced on order: No

Hood Prop and Hindge being replaced for the hood fell on me while checking the oil: No, but have heard of it.

Mat where tops folds into split on both sides: No

Bed cover won't pop up at all just clicks: Have heard of, and experince on mine, situations where cover pops only fractio of an inch when it is cold outside.

Jim G

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,714 Posts
Some issues are the same

2004 SPT TRCK said:
Any of your folks have these problems ?

Instrument Panel Cluster sent out for repair instead of replacing (1000 miles on SSR) NO

New Driveshaft on order YES

Hvac order for fan motor NO

Passenger side airbag and cover being replaced on order NO

Hood Prop and Hindge being replaced for the hood fell on me while checking the oil NO ~ However, for those that want to convert over GM is coming out with a retro-fit-strut accessory kit for the 03 and 04s :thumbs

Mat where tops folds into split on both sides NO

Bed cover won't pop up at all just clicks YES ~ There are adjustments that can be made to help release the lid or if you have the carpeted trunk (extra weight) then that is a common issue. :mad

:leaving

·
Senior Privileged Member
4,101 Posts
I'm a little prejudiced. I didn't want to spend $45k+ on a vehicle again, so I bought my brand new 2004 for under $30k and have done a few things to make it even better. That extra 90 hp is nice, but I figured that

(1) It's not worth $10k+ (the amount extra my dealer wanted for the 05 at the time)

(2) If I ever really find I want that extra power, I'll get a supercharger for $6200 installed, and have both more peak power AND much better low and mid range power.

Jim G

·
Registered
12 Posts
SSR problems

I have redline 04 I have had rattles in the roof , dealer adjusted the roof, it was great for l1000 miles and is back again. I do have trouble with the trunk opening and staying up. I understand chevy is replacing the struts. No problems with the drive shaft so far. I have 6500 miles on mine and have been pleased otherwise.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts