Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, im looking to do some custom exhaust work on my 04 and was wondering what the stock size was, 2.5 or 2.25? Thanks!

·
Premium Member
1,297 Posts
hot sauce said:
Hey guys, im looking to do some custom exhaust work on my 04 and was wondering what the stock size was, 2.5 or 2.25? Thanks!
Hot Sauce, Not sure what your plans are for your exhaust, but I did the Flowmaster cat back kit on my 04 and I have pleased with the results. The install of the kit was easier than the removal of the factory exhaust. The final size of the exhaust I believe was either 3 or 3 1/2".
I have seen about 1 1/2 to 2 mpg better fuel mileage if I drive the car with some sense, but the sound of the exhaust make that hard to do.
Cruise sound is good with the top down or up. I was not disappointed with the kit at all.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
flynSS/R said:
Hot Sauce, Not sure what your plans are for your exhaust, but I did the Flowmaster cat back kit on my 04 and I have pleased with the results. The install of the kit was easier than the removal of the factory exhaust. The final size of the exhaust I believe was either 3 or 3 1/2".
I have seen about 1 1/2 to 2 mpg better fuel mileage if I drive the car with some sense, but the sound of the exhaust make that hard to do.
Cruise sound is good with the top down or up. I was not disappointed with the kit at all.
My plans are gonna be secret for now :reddevil

The flowmaster does sound really good, I heard a few clips. Im still considering it. Thanks for the help.

Does anyone know the stock size that comes with the SSR though?

·
Registered
340 Posts
hot sauce said:
My plans are gonna be secret for now :reddevil

The flowmaster does sound really good, I heard a few clips. Im still considering it. Thanks for the help.

Does anyone know the stock size that comes with the SSR though?
2 1/2" in the 2004 SSR. Go true duals, trust me, there is a quicker throttle response & the sound is great.

Go on search & you'll find several opinions on exhausts systems.

Topcat55:ssr

·
Registered
330 Posts
Hot Sauce,

If you decide not to go with true duals, I sure love my Flowmaster catback system as well. Very pleased and install was very simple.

SSRRev

1 - 6 of 6 Posts