Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Folks, I'm new to this forum so I'm sorry if my question has been already discussed. I bought a 2004 redline red SSR in 06/04. Love the SSR and it has been extremely babied. I'm pondering the possibility of going to a 2005 for no other reason than to jump to the 6 liter, 6 speed. Mine has 3200 miles and has running boards,cargo bins and nets,and trailer hitch......does not have chrome wheels. I'm wondering if anyone has been following the pricing. I do not know what would be considered a good deal as far as money difference. Of course this will be a determining factor as to whether I go any further or not. Thanks in advance for your imput.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
Mileage low or high seems to make no difference in the resale price. Look on Ebay and auto trader to get a good idea of what is being asked. This may not be what it is actually going for though. Maybe the low 30's!:) Good Luck, Welcome to the group!

·
Banned
2,141 Posts
Im guessing you will have to pay about 33-35K for the new 2005. go to www.kbb.com and click on trade in value or resale value for your 2004. There is s drill down menu to oprion and condition out your 04 before a price appears. This would be a good idea as to what you could trade for. Im guessing about $9K difference.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
Lots of info regarding price on this forum. Don't know where you are but out here in CA they are flying through auction at 24, 25K regardless of the options, mileage, etc. and most dealers won't give you anything more than that for trade. It's a bath for most of us but some have taken it willingly. I considered trading up but like the rarity of the Ultra Violet. KBB on mine is 31,000...but local dealer offered me 24,500 in trade.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I was bored the other day so I called a dealer to see what it would cost to trade, just for kicks. They had a new '05 silver that had a MSRP of $47,575, along with 3 other new SSR's. I had them figure a deal on the silver one. My SSR is an '04 with 6500 miles and is a 1SB with the guages and carpeted bed with wood. They wanted $14,825 difference. :lol :lol I wasn't seriously interested and if I did trade, I would buy a used '05 with most of the warranty left. When I bought my '04, it had 811 miles on it and 32 months of warranty left. I also have the recent offer from the GM card for an additional $2000 off but I would rather buy used than new.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hey artsmart I am with you. I would also like an 05 but not sure I want to give up the Ultra Violet. I do like that 06 blue however. Whats your vin#. I also have 31K on mine.:cool :cool

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
The only way

the numbers won't kill you is if you can buy a 2005 new at a great price, $33- 35K, and sell yours outright, maybe $25K. Even better if you can find a used low mileage 2005 for an even smaller gap. Trading used to new with a dealer is going to cost big time.

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Artsmart and Subman me too I love the unique UV color and just had interior work done in UV will post when I get it back.

·
Premium Member
1,553 Posts

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
Love the UV thing as you guys do. Wouldn't trade her for anything. There were only 1270 UV's built in '04. We have a unique specie.

P/P

Peace:flag

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
Go on line to the GM site and see what's out there in the dealers inventories in your area. If you live in the midwest or east where there is snow and cold this time of year you might be able to get a better deal. I bought my 06 back in November and I live in Chicago. Started to get an 05 but with the Red Tag sale going on and the dealer not wanting to pay rent on the cars every week They wanted to deal. They had some very good deals out there on the 05's but I just didn't want something that had been sitting in the lot for a year. You should be able to find an 05 in the mid 30's brand new in the midwest area.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yes ssreal I would like to see them. I have thought about some interior work also.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts