Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 58 of 58 Posts

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,010 Posts
Mike has learned the power of 'concise, simple directions' from writing all the instructions for the wonderful stuff he sells.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,220 Posts
Got a picture of the glove box open and 2 spare keys with red plastic tops---need some more help still can;t find a lid release in the glove box?
Looking on the "left" made the difference, showed you pictures but need to tell left from right.

Red Keys are for Trailer hitch, probably don't have that either. They have tendency to get "lost" in Sale.

Here is some reading: SSR How to Library:

Your Canada Contact for Parts and Information. Owns 6 SSR and lots of parts.

Barry Pattison
5583 6th Line
Tottenham, Ontario Canada
LOG 1W0
[email protected]
Cell 416-254-5095

Dicktator

·
Cantankerous SSR CaretakR
2,265 Posts
If you are referring to the Cargo Cover switch in the glovebox, does the cover work from your fob? If so, probably switch went bad. SSR switch NLA, but similar year Malibu trunk switch will work just wrong graphic on button. Although the Cargo Cover switch is a membrane style switch, it is not easily serviceable without damage, but is easily replaceable. P/n for replacement Malibu switch is D1496E

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
If you are referring to the Cargo Cover switch in the glovebox, does the cover work from your fob? If so, probably switch went bad. SSR switch NLA, but similar year Malibu trunk switch will work just wrong graphic on button. Although the Cargo Cover switch is a membrane style switch, it is not easily serviceable without damage, but is easily replaceable. P/n for replacement Malibu switch is D1496E
Thanks!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,010 Posts
The one on the Truck. Key fob still works.
You might be able to pull the switch and see if just shorting the wires on the back make it open. Then the switch is bad, Otherwise the wiring has an issue.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
Good Morning everyone.
First i want to thank everyone for helping me with questions i had and suggestions others have had.
New question
I formally owned an El Camino which is why i purchased a SSR. The El Camino had an abundance of storage behind the seats enough for a full size spare tire etc.
I the SSR were the roof tunnels into has to be fairly large to accommodate the roof section. I know it is full of mechanisms for the roof. Has any one created extra storage in a SSR behind the seats?
Regards
Bob

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Good Morning everyone.
First i want to thank everyone for helping me with questions i had and suggestions others have had.
New question
I formally owned an El Camino which is why i purchased a SSR. The El Camino had an abundance of storage behind the seats enough for a full size spare tire etc.
I the SSR were the roof tunnels into has to be fairly large to accommodate the roof section. I know it is full of mechanisms for the roof. Has any one created extra storage in a SSR behind the seats?
Regards
Bob
You have the small air compressor behind the drivers seat so not much room there. When I travel and have my lap top with me I usually put it behind the passengers side seat. The big problem is you don't have much room behind them. Depending on how tall you are and how far back the seat is. And the other big problem is you can't reach behind the seat because of the water fall unless you are stopped.

·
Premium Member
5,135 Posts
Welcome from Middle Tennessee. By the way in case you haven't read the Red keys are for the trailer hitch receiver. ???. If you don't have a hitch keep the keys because they are RED and anything red is valuable.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
You have the small air compressor behind the drivers seat so not much room there. When I travel and have my lap top with me I usually put it behind the passengers side seat. The big problem is you don't have much room behind them. Depending on how tall you are and how far back the seat is. And the other big problem is you can't reach behind the seat because of the water fall unless you are stopped.
Thanks-wondered what was back there----thanks
take care stay safe from Canada
Bob

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,220 Posts
Good Morning everyone.
New question
Regards
Bob
No, but you can put TWO sets of golf clubs in roof compartment, just DON'T put the roof down!

I carry small parts in roof compartment. Just make sure "flipper" doesn't hit anything when closing cover.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
That looks like a lot of room just as i thought. I am not sure how to open it on its own and can you tell me about the Flipper please.
thanks for the answer
regards
bob

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,010 Posts
Have you put the roof down yet? That is how you open the storage compartment and the flipper will bee self explained. Do you have an owners manual. It is worth looking through. You do not have to read it all but check the index at the back so you have an idea what is i there. A wealth of knowledge. Good for kiling time while sitting at home with nothing to do.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,172 Posts
That looks like a lot of room just as i thought. I am not sure how to open it on its own and can you tell me about the Flipper please.
thanks for the answer
regards
bob
I personally don't put anything in where the top goes because if you forget you could cause a major disaster to the roof and the mechanism and the compartment. The back bed area is huge for hauling luggage etc.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,010 Posts
I personally don't put anything in where the top goes because if you forget you could cause a major disaster to the roof and the mechanism and the compartment. The back bed area is huge for hauling luggage etc.
That is ALWAYS the safest way to do things, but sometimes thing are only going one way and the bed is full.

41 - 58 of 58 Posts