Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

I need some helpful advice. I purchased a 2004 SSR for sticker at $45,870.00. It has 9,500 miles on it and is only 5 months old and still mint. I really baby it. What is a fair trade-in value??? I can't find any valid information anywhere.

Also, the new 2005 SSR that I want has a sticker of $49,185.00. Are dealers still getting sticker and even sticker +??? Or are dealers now selling for invoice (like every other car) and are just happy making the 3% (or standard $1,273.00) Dealer Holdback and the $500.00 "Dealer Prep" charges? The 2005 SSR that I want has a MSRP of $49,185.00 and an Invoice Price of $45,697.70.

Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

MJJ

·
Registered
152 Posts
Trade-in Values

New, well equiped '04 SSr's are being sold for just south of $40k in most markets such that I would venture to say your primo 04 should fetch in the order of $33-34.5 as a trade..... as far as the '05 goes.... depends what part of the country you are in. If you are in the mid west would suggest you contact Bill Leach <see for sale area>. My view is that he is a VERY fair guy to do business with and would sell you an '05 for much less than you are thinking!

You MAY do better selling the 04 privately or on eBay but I am very concerned about the market, particularly given the overhang of new vehicles in dealer inventory and the significantly improved '05 model.

R

·
0 Posts
GM- Learn from Chrysler

I received $35k trade in for my 03 Yellow SSR with 7600 miles and I was happy (not really) to get this and only traded until all the SSR hype calms down. Had GM just done what Chrysler has done with the 300 and Magnum, (offer engine options right from the beginning) we all wouldn't be suffering from this rapid depriciation. Kind of like playing hot potatoe as you don't want to get stuck with an 03 or 04, unless you just don't care and plan on holding on, but I think the curse has been done and 03's and 04's just won't be as desirable. THANKS GM!

·
Registered
152 Posts
300HP is enough for most of us.....

Have just had an oppotunity to drive an 05 with the LS2 engine. :nopity

It may well be more powerful but the reality is that the 300HP is more than enough for most of us and it runs on regular gas to boot.... really did not notice the improved steering to be much different.... there is no question it has more grunt but you will pay a hell of an incremental price (like the better part of $10k) for those 90HP and some running improvements..... :nono

Prices on the 03/04 will come down more in the next few weeks so find yourself a deal and :party

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I agree. Glad to hear what you stated. I will keep my 03 until they pry it from my cold dead hands many years from now and boy, will it transform in the meantime to some kind of awesome hot rod!

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
You got it.

Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
I agree!

SSRGUY said:
Have just had an oppotunity to drive an 05 with the LS2 engine. :nopity

It may well be more powerful but the reality is that the 300HP is more than enough for most of us and it runs on regular gas to boot.... really did not notice the improved steering to be much different.... there is no question it has more grunt but you will pay a hell of an incremental price (like the better part of $10k) for those 90HP and some running improvements..... :nono

Prices on the 03/04 will come down more in the next few weeks so find yourself a deal and :party

HI D,

Glad to hear that you have driven one and can see it from a more logical view point. So, I must agree with you, if you are looking to save $$$ stick with an 03-04. Its nice if you want a great deal, there should be many dealers out there looking to make someone a great offer!
:)

J

·
0 Posts
Agree for the most part

My '04 Redline Red SSR turns a week old tomorrow. Just love the car!!!!

I have purchased over fifty new cars since 1967 including five Vettes and this is the most exciting ride that I have had. Unless I start experiencing some of the problems listed in this site and/or 2005 IS the last production year I plan to keep her. Otherwise I'll hedge bets that the defects will be at least minimized on the '05 models and get in on owning the last production year SSR.

·
Registered
413 Posts
matjow said:
Hello all,

I need some helpful advice. I purchased a 2004 SSR for sticker at $45,870.00. It has 9,500 miles on it and is only 5 months old and still mint. I really baby it. What is a fair trade-in value??? I can't find any valid information anywhere.

Also, the new 2005 SSR that I want has a sticker of $49,185.00. Are dealers still getting sticker and even sticker +??? Or are dealers now selling for invoice (like every other car) and are just happy making the 3% (or standard $1,273.00) Dealer Holdback and the $500.00 "Dealer Prep" charges? The 2005 SSR that I want has a MSRP of $49,185.00 and an Invoice Price of $45,697.70.

Any help and advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

MJJ
500 dealer prep is a dealer rip off I sell ssrs at dealer invoice LESS 1000 Dealer prep is paid to dealer by GM

·
Registered
480 Posts
:angel :angel I bought my 05 for $4,200 off of sticker. This was all of the dealers markup plus about $700 into his holdback. The car is loaded including chrome wheels. Just keep shopping around by phone until you hit a dealer who is hungry.

Regards,
Joe

Y

·
0 Posts
Matjow, you will only get between $29,000 and $31,000 for your 04 SSR in a trade. I know because I have been trying to buy a C6 and trade my 04 in. This is the worst vehicle I have ever had as far as losing money. It is a shame because they are cool vehicles. The dealers look up what they are bringing in at the auctions. Unless they have someone lined up for a used one already, you will take a big hit trading it in. Good luck. Let us know if you do better than that trading it in....................

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You nailed it! I got $29,500 in trade. Tanked $16,000 in 6 months. That's worse than a tech stock.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
The deals are out there if you look for them. I bought my sliver 2004 two weeks ago from a local dealer with 192mi, list price $45,855. Final price $34,855.14, total with TTL $37,287.36. Got the 72month zero per cent interest for monthly payments of $517.88.

The finance manager at the dealership kept trying to convince me that I should put down 10-20% cash as a hedge against getting upside down on the loan. He wouldn't let up until I snapped at him and asked "What kind of an idiot would put money down on a zero per cent loan?" I drove my new SSR home with zero cash outlay and I'll make the first payment in January 05.

I am absolutely thrilled with the SSR. I'ts more than I wanted to pay, but it seemed like a good deal and WTH, I'm worth it.

Texster68

·
Registered
186 Posts
SSR Trade In-s

You notice how the 2004,s were like 35,000 a month ago now to 29,500 or around 30,000 trade-in well now you know where they are making up the 4,000 dollar rebate yep looks to me like the former SSR owner,s will make up the difference. :cuss

Y

·
0 Posts
The dealers are basing the trade in value of the SSR on what they can get at an auction for them. They are really low right now for whatever reason. It would be the worst hit I have ever taken by far. Maybe the 2004's are so low because they finally put more power in them in 05.....

1 - 17 of 17 Posts