Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Battery is good, turn key and you here solenoid kick in but starter does not turn. Is there any thing I should check before pulling starter?

·
Tech Support/Research
1,710 Posts
Old Hammer Trick

An old-time, short-term mechanics' trick is to rap the balky starter a few times with a hammer and then try to start the truck. It costs nothing, doesn't take much time, requires no disassembly, and sometimes it even works. If it does, it's time to replace the starter- likewise if it doesn't, after eliminating other common causes like bad connections, fuses, etc. as suggested by others.

·
Premium Member
489 Posts
An old-time, short-term mechanics' trick is to rap the balky starter a few times with a hammer and then try to start the truck. It costs nothing, doesn't take much time, requires no disassembly, and sometimes it even works. If it does, it's time to replace the starter- likewise if it doesn't, after eliminating other common causes like bad connections, fuses, etc. as suggested by others.
:smash:smash:smash:smash:smash:smash:whistling: It's fixed.>:):laugh:

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
SSR Hammer

Where can I purchase one of these SSR Hammers? Is there one for the 03-04 and one for the 05-06? This is the second post I have read about using a hammer to fix a part.:wink2:

Oh and do they come with the SSR Logo?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts