Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
:smile2:

Nice looking ride and low miles. Many of us would (assume) with that "firm" price that the options mentioned go well beyond factory options to include several after-market items that have proven to be necessary.

What would those extra options be.???

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No aftermarket options except the spare tire under the truck, vented aluminum box for new optima red top battery in the bed, extra ssr bed carpet from lloyds to cover and protect the yellow slats in the bed and the original carpet, cupholders from mike and tire ramps also from mike, and spohn performance panhard track bar. Everything else is original, trailer package with hitch, cab carpets (stored in my house), 6 disc cd with bose sound, heated power seats with the memory package, gauge cluster, running boards, windscreen and bed net. I also have a jacking kit in a canvass bag in the bed that includes a 12 volt drill to lower the spare tire using the 12 volt receptacle near the tailgate. I'm open to suggestions as to whether you or any one thinks i'm asking too much for it. Thanks for the input. I really don't want to sell it. I just don't drive it enough.

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,174 Posts
Without seeing it but reading what you wrote I would say it is in the $27,500 range or a little more especially with the 6 speed. The problem I have seen is if you ask that then someone will want to offer you $25,000 and so on. Leave yourself some wiggle room or say a price like you did and add or best offer. By putting the word FIRM there that will drive any offers away. Just my 2 cents and we all know what that is worth. To keep it for an increase in value is just a dream at this point. Might as well drive it and enjoy it.

·
Daily Driver
8,948 Posts
I'm wondering if you've made what I consider the all too common mistake of when you go somewhere it's easier to drive something else with the keys in your pocket, rather than find the keys, get the cover off the SSR, and get it out of the garage, maybe moving that other car blocking the door?

I mean if using the SSR becomes a chore you feel needs planning in advance, it won't be driven, and you'll be missing more than half the fun of owning this truck.

But I'm just wondering because it happens so often, you may have plenty of good reasons for not driving it, and there is no reason for you to explain to me or anyone, so whatever you decide, the best of luck. :thumbs

·
Premium Member
2,309 Posts
No aftermarket options except the spare tire under the truck, vented aluminum box for new optima red top battery in the bed, extra ssr bed carpet from lloyds to cover and protect the yellow slats in the bed and the original carpet, cupholders from mike and tire ramps also from mike, and spohn performance panhard track bar. Everything else is original, trailer package with hitch, cab carpets (stored in my house), 6 disc cd with bose sound, heated power seats with the memory package, gauge cluster, running boards, windscreen and bed net. I also have a jacking kit in a canvass bag in the bed that includes a 12 volt drill to lower the spare tire using the 12 volt receptacle near the tailgate. I'm open to suggestions as to whether you or any one thinks i'm asking too much for it. Thanks for the input. I really don't want to sell it. I just don't drive it enough.
:|

Well, it's your ride and your choice. Most of the SSRs that I have noted have your (the usual) options that you list. My six speed came with a $5000+ recent paint job and gobs of xtra options on it along with about 20,500 miles on it.

I could give you specific info as to what all those extras were ( which with cost plus labor would add up quickly), but in the end...........The price Auggie shows on the first line is right on is what I paid. If you want to know what all those items were, I could provide via a PM.:wink2:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
For the last 2 years (since I bought it) we've gotten so much rain that I just can't bring myself to get it out of the garage. I really refuse to take it out in the wet weather, and it ain't no fun with the top down if it's less than 45 or 50 degrees. It's even less fun with the top up. That just turns it into a quick Trailblazer. I realize I didn't have to explain, but just thought I should.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
I have to tell you that I find it fun to drive with the top up or down and that when I am out and it get to be topless weather, I am glad i did not leave it at home. I put the top down. Also, if I go out and the weather turns nasty I just put the top up. 256K miles later I have a daily driver that has given me a lot of fun in 48 States and 6 Provinces in Canada. I have met a lot of Fanatics and visited a lot of places. As stated above, just make it easy to drive. It is more fun to drive it than to just look at it and wish.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
For the last 2 years (since I bought it) we've gotten so much rain that I just can't bring myself to get it out of the garage. I really refuse to take it out in the wet weather, and it ain't no fun with the top down if it's less than 45 or 50 degrees. It's even less fun with the top up. That just turns it into a quick Trailblazer. I realize I didn't have to explain, but just thought I should.
Just so ya know... the next owner may very well choose to drive it in the rain. So you oughta go ahead and break it in for them. :laugh:

And they do look really cool driving down the road with a big wet rooster tail behind them.

·
Premium Member
7,295 Posts
I have to tell you that I find it fund to drive with the top up or down and that when I am out and it get to be topless weather, I am glad i did not leave it at home. I put the top down. Also, if I go out and the weather turns nasty I just put the top up. 256K miles later I have a daily driver that has given me a lot of fun in 48 States and 6 Provinces in Canada. I have met a lot of Fanatics and visited a lot of places. As stated above, just make it easy to drive. It is more fun to drive it than to just look at it and wish.
Very well said BLUE and I really don't understand Guys or Gals who buy these unique, one of kind vehicles and "park's em" Most of them are now 15 & 16 years old and they need to be driven. I wouldn't buy one with less than 10,000 miles for the price they're askin' ... I can understand Auggie Doggie only driving his 600 miles last year due to his wife having a multitude of health problems. I like your attitude ... See The USA in your "Shivrolay" My neighbor won't drive his and when he comes home from Florida, I'm gonna' ask him point blank "Why in the hell do you not drive your SSR" "I's got to know" as the guy lay wounded outside the Bank asked Dirty Harry who replied (did I fire 6 shots or only 5) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hey, whatever floats your boat ... drive em or look at em ... it's your choice and not for me to decide ... just my opinion ... Please don't Bar B Q me for my opinion, Thank You.!!! I like Trump (he's my President), wifey thinks he's an idiot (I would never vote for the SOB) !!! Makes for a wonderful day at 1430 Charleston Blvd. "Love, PEACE & Chicken Grease or You can't start a Fire with the Ashes of Love" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,883 Posts
Well TCD, when I was a kid, my dad had a beautiful aqua colored 1966 Olds 98 convertible that he would never put the top down on because he didn't want to wear it out. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Dave

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,174 Posts
Well TCD, when I was a kid, my dad had a beautiful aqua colored 1966 Olds 98 convertible that he would never put the top down on because he didn't want to wear it out. I'm still trying to figure that one out.

Dave
My dad bought a new ford every three years and before he drove it he would have custom seat covers installed. When he traded it in he would take them off so the seats looked like new. I said why don't you buy your next new car and use the seats up and sit on the new seats and then put seat covers on it when you trade it in and he thought I was crazy. Go figure. I am sure the new owner liked his Idea!!!

Reactions: Guzzi Guy

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Droppin' out

Sorry guys. All I wanted was an idea of what price to ask for it. I got a few constructive ideas, but a lot of flak on whether I should keep it and put a lot of miles on it in the rain with the top up. Most of this coming with the prefix "wouldn't want to tell you what to do. As far as comfort goes, I have a lot more room in my Mazda 3. I used to have a c-6 coupe and that had more room. I think I want to head back in that direction with my next ride. As far as the naysayers go, send all of the smart remarks you like, 'cause i'm droppin' out of the website. For the few that were truly trying to help, I thank you. Momba out.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,409 Posts
Whoa there, Buckaroo.......

Ease up a bit there, Slick. I'm sure nobody here meant any harm in their comments...........:crying:

:mad2: :mad2: :mad2: images-19.jpeg :cry :cry :cry​

================
David :black:
images.jpeg - Yes, I will. :x

·
Premium Member
6,096 Posts
Sorry guys. All I wanted was an idea of what price to ask for it. I got a few constructive ideas, but a lot of flak on whether I should keep it and put a lot of miles on it in the rain with the top up. Most of this coming with the prefix "wouldn't want to tell you what to do. As far as comfort goes, I have a lot more room in my Mazda 3. I used to have a c-6 coupe and that had more room. I think I want to head back in that direction with my next ride. As far as the naysayers go, send all of the smart remarks you like, 'cause i'm droppin' out of the website. For the few that were truly trying to help, I thank you. Momba out.
Hey, Momba, if you're still on here, I agree with you. It's called BABBLING. Sorry to see you go.

·
Registered
3,052 Posts
Well that's too bad jeanie-jack. Sorry you don't appreciate the humor here. I guess you should have stated in your first post that you were looking for pricing input instead of posting 31,000 firm. Perhaps you'd have gotten a different response. And then it comes out that the cab is too confining for you. That's ok if you don't dig the the cozy feel of the truck. But to say you got flak is a bit of a reach. All the best to you in what ever you choose to drive.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts