Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
DFW TX Crew
1,440 Posts
SSR is a very small market and prices seem to be all over the place.... plus you never get you money back on mods.

I would start by looking up similar SSR's in Autotrader or other car seller website and get an idea.

Most are in the low to mid 20's.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Agree with Josh. Low miles will help, headers, not so much. Without more specifics on the truck it's hard to tell. It could be a $22K truck or a $28K truck. In my opinion. Good luck in finding a new owner.

·
Super Moderator
14,047 Posts
My SSR has just under 18K miles. Thinking of selling. What would be the low/high end dollar wise? [email protected]
VIN?

These 4 items, or lack thereof, significantly impact the value
Chrome Wheels?
You were looking for boards - did you get a pair?
Console Gauges?
Carpeted bed?

Headers may not pass emissions in all states

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
VIN?

These 4 items, or lack thereof, significantly impact the value
Chrome Wheels?
You were looking for boards - did you get a pair?
Console Gauges?
Carpeted bed?

Headers may not pass emissions in all states
My '05 six speed had just a little over 20k miles on it. But it had a laundry list of "mods" done to it, including the custom molded running boards. the gauges, chrome wheels, carpeted bed, etc. Plus an extra chrome wheel/tire, the old running boards to sell, and a half dozen or more misc. parts I have since sold. It had just recently had the LS7 clutch installed and a $5k new paint job on it (I have the invoice for these items that were done). So, my price point was pretty close to the top end of Wizzrs estimate above when I purchased it last November. Not gonna drag out the whole list as can't recall, but it had Mikes fan(s), the stiffener plate, heat deflector, rear shaved tailgate, and lowered to boot.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
Low mileage 6 speed should sell for top dollar. Rare, less than 10% built.. If you ever drive a 6 speed you will never go back to an automatic unless health dictates. Bill
HEALTH dictates ??? I agree ... my HEALTH is "mental" so I prefer a "Power Glide" Did too much "shifting" in the 50's and early 60's !!! :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: tennesseecozydog :ssr p.s. Bill, at my age I can't work my left leg, shift with my right arm and steer with my left arm all at the same time :frown2: ... you'll get old one of these days too !!! :smile2: :laugh: :grin2:

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
HEALTH dictates ??? I agree ... my HEALTH is "mental" so I prefer a "Power Glide" Did too much "shifting" in the 50's and early 60's !!! :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: tennesseecozydog :ssr p.s. Bill, at my age I can't work my left leg, shift with my right arm and steer with my left arm all at the same time :frown2: ... you'll get old one of these days too !!! :smile2: :laugh: :grin2:
:surprise:
Damn.......T Dog, I did a lot of shifting back in the 50's and 60's too. Haven't driven a stick shift since the early 80's. But at age 75+ I'm handling my six speed with no problems. This in spite of several health issues of my own.

At the same time, at my age.........when in lots of stop/go traffic, I can see where your (Powerglide)..........has the edge and can make the whole experience much easier and possibly more fun too.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
7,342 Posts
"Mo" you're right ... as I've said on here several times before, Dick Levi's (Levi, Ray and Shoup, NHRA Mustang Nitro Funny Car sponsor) favorite Car in his collection is his 63 Chevy 2 door sedan 4 speed 409 that he loves to get out and street drag in Springfield, Illinois, and he is 72 !!! t-dog :ssr p.s. His A. Lincoln custom Black & Copper Harley and his 57 Corvette are on the front cover of the latest edition of the Route 66 magazine pictured on the original 1.4 miles of brick road left of Route 66 near Auburn, Illinois.

·
Ms Donna's Driver
04’ Silver and 05’ Sinister
5,243 Posts
Sounds like I need to do a lot of shifting with Sinister before I get old. Did a lot of shifting back in the 80’s and 90’s driving 18 wheelers. Still drive the big rigs occasionally but Sinister is a hell of a lot funner. And it comes with a ‘permagrin’

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
To shift or not to shift... that is the question.

Do I enjoy it?... hell yeah! Did it for decades.

Do I miss it?... Nope. Not with a rear end gear swap, tune and a corvette servo. My "R" will pull a shift twice as fast as I ever could. ...but then, maybe I wasn't that good at shifting?? :rolleyes:

·
My First Permagrin !
570 Posts
I'm in for the long haul , so went with auto .
In my previous life , I drove 10 spd Tractor trailers for 15 years , so I had enough of shifting in traffic .
i miss shifting sometimes , but enjoy just cruising and the occasional on ramp romp ! Permagrin Dave .

·
Registered
78 Posts
Looked for a LONG time before I bought. Also have an 05 six speed, carpeted bed, boards, gauges, chrome wheels, wind deflector, trailer hitch, and storage boxes, 12K miles. It will bring north of $28K......;).

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,289 Posts
You all talking about shifting the stick shifts or not makes me think of the reason I never liked a stick shift. It was never about shifting, it was about breaking stuff. The two worst things were either laying in a gravel driveway pulling out a transmission or that nasty smelling gear oil running down your arm as you pulled the transmission out. And we won't even go to the part where it gets in your hair laying in the gravel in the driveway in 30 degree weather so you can get to work on Monday. Nope I don't miss stick shifts at all after owning a SS Chevelle with a 4 speed. I guess I was a quick learner at something after all.

·
Premium Member
2,443 Posts
Cash......

"Headers may not pass emissions in all states"

I do not understand the above comment. I'm assuming that even with a set of headers, there would still be a set of CATS with sensors downstream from the headers so as to maintain a compliant system.

So, why would headers nullify passing emissions..........please elaborate.:nerd:

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Because it ain't factory. When the did the sniffer as long as the exhaust was clean it was cool. When they went to OBD II it had to satisfy the onboard diagnostics, but some states like CA said it also had to pass a visual test for being factory.

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,068 Posts
Because it ain't factory. When the did the sniffer as long as the exhaust was clean it was cool. When they went to OBD II it had to satisfy the onboard diagnostics, but some states like CA said it also had to pass a visual test for being factory.
Agreed. Used to live in California. I had a vehicle pass emissions, then fail visual as it was an out of state vehicle, then failed vacuum leak check on EGR. Pleaded my case on visual equipment and out of CA vehicle and replaced the EGR. Replacement EGR passed vacuum leak check and vehicle ran dirtier. Inspection passed.

Shook my head and kept moving along.

- Robert
:silver:

·
Premium Member
227 Posts
Glad I live in New Meheeco. Pretty much run what ya brung down here.
Same here in Alabama, no inspections.

The 06 6 speed with long tube headers and free flow cats I bought early this year had the stickers to indicate it had passed New York inspections.

Attachments

·
My First Permagrin !
570 Posts
Every state is different . California is the toughest
Last year I went to inspection on a nice June day idling in with the top down .
They inspector didn't stop talking to me the whole time how much he loved the SSR and doesn't see them .
Needless to say I got my 2 year sticker . NJ used to be a huge pain in the butt ,
now mostly plug in the obd quick scan and visual , and your done .

1 - 20 of 20 Posts