Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
05 Phantom Black Metallic
443 Posts
Hi There Lady in Red,
Just out of curiosity, why is the station wagon white and not red like the other two. Are you the Lady in white when you drive that one. Be well Darlin Fanatic.

·
SSR Pit Crew
13,366 Posts
Shop should set to SSR alignment specs as close to "0" as possible on NEG Side.

Can't always get to ZERO because of worn rubber bushing.

With Urethane bushings it wasn't any problem setting to ZERO.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 VIN 5B116032
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
Shop should set to SSR alignment specs as close to "0" as possible on NEG Side.

Can't always get to ZERO because of worn rubber bushing.

With Urethane bushings it wasn't any problem setting to ZERO.

Dicktator
That might have been the problem. We will have to wait a bit to replace them, but it's on the list.

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
4,432 Posts
That might have been the problem. We will have to wait a bit to replace them, but it's on the list.
In all of my trucks the upper control arm bushings were the ones that had the most wear and needed replaced. The bottom ones did not have any signs of wear. If your not wanting to go through the bushing replacement to the polyurethane ones you can swap out the upper control arms very easily with new arms. The new upper arms can be bought from Rock Auto or Amazon with Moog parts for around $40 each.

·
Registered
2005 VIN 5B116032
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
In all of my trucks the upper control arm bushings were the ones that had the most wear and needed replaced. The bottom ones did not have any signs of wear. If your not wanting to go through the bushing replacement to the polyurethane ones you can swap out the upper control arms very easily with new arms. The new upper arms can be bought from Rock Auto or Amazon with Moog parts for around $40 each.
We will look into that. Thanks 😊

·
Tech Support/Research
1,830 Posts
FYI? Still can't find the oil pressure sender. I looked, felt around & found nothing. Now check engine light is on & can't figure out what Bank 1 & Bank 2 are. Guess the engine is going to blow up?? I used the enclose picture as a guide. Mike in Arizona sent it to me. Nope not on my SSR View attachment 593904
See this link for the map of the oxygen sensors.

·
Registered
'05 Aqua Blur 6-spd
763 Posts
In all of my trucks the upper control arm bushings were the ones that had the most wear and needed replaced. ...
That turned out to be the problem I had getting my R into @Dicktator's specs. Solution was two new upper control arms. :)

·
Registered
241 Posts
Hi There Lady in Red,
Just out of curiosity, why is the station wagon white and not red like the other two. Are you the Lady in white when you drive that one. Be well Darlin Fanatic.
NO. I can't find a body shop or auto painter to get the 90 Buick Estate Wagon painted. You are so smart? Find me a body or paint shop that will paint a Station Wagon. Butt

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,113 Posts
I suspect that the problem may not be finding a paint shop, but finding a paint shop a an affordable price! I understand that everyone's budget constraints are different, but they all exist. I am sure that some shops are also not willing to place a price on a job they do not want to take on, but I am sure there is one out there and one day it will happen if you really want it.

·
SSR Believer
2,281 Posts
Where's Earl Scheib when you need him. (Some of us will remember the $39.95 special.)
:D I'm old enough to remember when Earl shouted "I'll paint any car any color for only $19.95!" on the radio and TV. My dad had our 1958 Chevy Apache service truck painted fire engine red. The only thing they would mask off were the windows and headlights, tail lights and drape paint cloths over the tires. You had to mask anything that you didn't want painted yourself because they painted everything... grille, bumpers, everything! It was in and out of there in about an hour. It actually came out pretty decent!

Those were the days! :LOL:

Screen Shot 2021-07-20 at 8.42.50 AM.JPG

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Hi Lady in Red,
Did you have more to say and just misspell the word " butt " or were you referring to that part of the anantomy to me? Just curious my dear, anyway be happy and be well my fellow SSR lover.
Dennis
Lady in Red
NO. I can't find a body shop or auto painter to get the 90 Buick Estate Wagon painted. You are so smart? Find me a body or paint shop that will paint a Station Wagon. Butt

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,113 Posts
:D I'm old enough to remember when Earl shouted "I'll paint any car any color for only $19.95!" on the radio and TV. My dad had our 1958 Chevy Apache service truck painted fire engine red. The only thing they would mask off were the windows and headlights, tail lights and drape paint cloths over the tires. You had to mask anything that you didn't want painted yourself because they painted everything... grille, bumpers, everything! It was in and out of there in about an hour. It actually came out pretty decent!

Those were the days! :LOL:

View attachment 597865
You beat me to it!

Reactions: richsadams

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Hi Dwight,
Very sorry that I beat you to the reply, I'm sure you would have been much more eloquent in your reply, but I just had a moment of what I thought was semi-clear thinking and just had to respond. You know that clear thinking for me is, at best a once-a-month happening. I do not know the Lady in Red so I don't know if she was offended by my question or if she was playing along. I guess I'll find out if she replies and what the temperature of the text will be. Happy to hear from you, hope you are in good health. Be well my Brother
Dennis

·
Premium Member
443 Posts
Hi Dwight,
Forget the last message, I see that you were talking about the 19.95 paint jobs. My bad is it too late to clear that last message.

41 - 57 of 57 Posts