Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2005 Aqua Blur Metallic. Immaculate Condition. Very Low Mileage - 12,979, 6-Speed, MagnaFlow Cats, Most Options, Chrome Wheels, Blue LED Dash Lamps, Hard Bags, Hitch, OEM Car Cover, ABS Heat Shield, OEM Windstop, Fresh Deck Struts. Build Sheet Available. Additional Pics Soon. Will Consider Offers Over $34k.
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Land vehicle
Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Plant

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Car Vehicle Wheel Land vehicle Tire

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
226 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,904 Posts
Very nice R, well worth the $! It is just a matter of finding/waiting for the right buyer. Best of luck with your sale!

·
Premium Member
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the positive comments. I'm open to any suggestions for an effective marketing strategy.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
I actually went and looked not long ago at one of these for sale.
Two reasons:
The color was unique and the 6 speed LS2 engine. The mileage was much higher of course, high 40's I think.
Deal breaker was, I started the engine and there wasn't any throaty exhaust that I'm accustomed to hearing. It sounded like a mid-size Buick...?weird but ok
Then I tried to put the top down and it immediately went into "roof timeout". After a few of the usual checks I gave up and walked away. Never even drove it.
So a potential upgrade to a 6-speed LS2 looked more like a future money pit which I didn't need.
My 2004 is just fine and I know what I have put into it.
I believe the dealer was selling it for $29+K. Hope that helps.
Relationships are difficult to break after 6 years even if it's an SSR.....lol

(now if I could just get my own roof fixed):p

Good luck with your sale. It looks gorgeous!

·
Premium Member
910 Posts
Hey all I have to say is … Good luck!! If you see any number in the high $20’s or close to thirty, shake their hand, hold a deposit, and call it a day!! But I AM rooting for ya! We need the values to start to move up. It’s time!

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
226 Posts
Hey all I have to say is … Good luck!! If you see any number in the high $20’s or close to thirty, shake their hand, hold a deposit, and call it a day!! But I AM rooting for ya! We need the values to start to move up. It’s time!
I don’t think he is going to take $5,000 less then is asking. Only13,000 miles should reach more then $30K.

·
Registered
2006 Pacific Blue
226 Posts
Under 5K miles is one thing. Over 10K miles is a whole different ball game.
Sure under 5K garage queens with no Simple-Engineering upgrades will bring more. Like the 05 Red 6 speed with 1700 miles on BringaTrailer right now. Current bid $35K with 4 days left to hammer. I’m guessing it will fetch more then $40K.
Aqua Blur might not get his $34K, so he can keep it. With his mileage and upgrades over $30 should be no problem. Patience!!!

·
Registered
3,700 Posts
Sadly, outside of this forum, simple engineering don't mean squat. There are hundreds of SSR's for sale on the web. Few if any (except the ones on this forum) value the upgrades Mike offers.
And yes, patients rules. If someone is willing to wait, possibly months, they may get their price.
I wish AquablurMet all the best in his sale. I hope he knocks it out of the park. It just depends upon marketing, finding the right buyer, negotiating skills and how long he may have to wait.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts