Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
359 Posts
Confused.

Build sheet does not have the RPO line item Z49 'Canadian build' listed. But, the speedometer is clearly calibrated in kph.

Is it a US market vehicle with a new Canadian speedo head installed ?

·
189 the LAST blur
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Confused.

Build sheet does not have the RPO line item Z49 'Canadian build' listed. But, the speedometer is clearly calibrated in kph.

As far as I know, it came as shown. 1st Cdn lady owner told me her husband bought it for her from a St Catharines dealer that got it from a Collector /Dealer in Pennsylvania New from stock.

·
189 the LAST blur
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Were the running boards painted black from the factory?
The 1st thing I did when I got it was get rid of the tacky silver look in favor of all black and chrome look.
I was going to do pinsting too but the wife got involved and said leave it alone. She really likes it and is not wanting it to let it go yet especially after doing a clay bar job on it a few weeks ago. (I think for her, not me) Let's see where this goes. I'm still sitting on the fence. Do I need another Corvette...????

Attachments

·
189 the LAST blur
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Confused.

Ask Cash. I did.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Sorry to see you going Tom...I know you've told me a couple of times that you were on the fence. Good luck with your sale!!

If you change your mind, you can still join 70+ SSRs here in Warner Robins Georgia 3 - 7 October!?!?

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,370 Posts
I'm still sitting on the fence. Do I need another Corvette...????
=========================================

IMHO, NO!!!!! - :surprise:

As you age you will find getting in and out of a Vette becomes more & more problematic. :crying: Additionally, there are lots of Vettes on the road so most years//models Vettes are nowhere near as rare as the SSR.
((All my .02))

>:)

==============
David :black:
images-16.jpeg

·
189 the LAST blur
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Sorry to see you going Tom...I know you've told me a couple of times that you were on the fence. Good luck with your sale!!

If you change your mind, you can still join 70+ SSRs here in Warner Robins Georgia 3 - 7 October!?!?
Hey Alex,
I'm not going anywhere. Although, I was really pissed at spending over $1,000 to get the a/c overhauled. Now I can cruise with some of my C-5 C6 C7 buddies with L-S power and the air on. They even let me park with them at a Corvette Show a few weeks ago. My 1st major unexpected expense I'm getting over slowly. At least I could give the nose bra a workout to Georgia. Something to think about.
Cheers,
Tom

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Hey Alex,
I'm not going anywhere. Although, I was really pissed at spending over $1,000 to get the a/c overhauled. Now I can cruise with some of my C-5 C6 C7 buddies with L-S power and the air on. They even let me park with them at a Corvette Show a few weeks ago. My 1st major unexpected expense I'm getting over slowly. At least I could give the nose bra a workout to Georgia. Something to think about.
Cheers,
Tom
Glad to know you're thinking about it...time is running out to register.

·
189 the LAST blur
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Another site I just ran across...good to know.

Was cruising around Chevellestuff.net and noticed site for SSR Registry by Dale.
Can hurt to have more references right. Put on 3 pictures including my build sheet.
No apparent for sale section noticed but exploring options. Got an offer at a recent car show but can't bail at this time especially with the wonderful a/c and other comfort options being enjoyed right now. Looked good at our recent S Ontario rendezvous and can't wait for another outing.:grin2::wink2:

Attachments

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
Hey @Boyd you're looking to BUY and my buddy @Corvettetom is looking to SELL.

So check this out...You are already coming to the Rally, and I have been trying like the dickens to get Tom to come to the Rally!!

If the Color, Year and Price are what you are looking for...then you need to help me persuade Tom to join us in Warner Robins!!!

We would all get to meet you both at this amazing gathering of family...if the sale goes through...you two could both be going back home very happy!!!

WIN>>>>WIN>>>>WIN>>>>PERMAGRIN!!!!
:grin2:

·
189 the LAST blur
222 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey Alex,
Thanks for the plug and kind thoughts. Was giving serious thought to attending WR Rally but I'm already committed to a Corvette Regional event around the same time frame. Just reached 20,000 miles that I was trying to stay under but the more I drive it, the more I like it and the wife too. The exposure and the permagrins don't hurt either.
SO, if it doesn't sell this season count me in on some events next year. If not in this one, I would get another one especially since learning all the SSR variables from this site and the wonderful people on it.:smile2::smile2:

·
Super Moderator
13,943 Posts
Confused.

It was NOT a Z49 Canadian build
It was imported to Canada in 8/2006 with about 4900 miles

Somewhere along the way the odometer was switched out to reflect the Z49 (kilometer/hr)
It appears the swap was likely done 5/2009

If you could trace it back to 2009 you might have a chance of locating the original odometer.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts