Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
aux gages in my 04

the gages in my aux pak are voltmeter,gal of gas per hour, auto trans oil temp gage. auto oil temp went out on first week,dealer here in san angelo,tx. replaced with the floor uplostery that was cut too short, coming out from either side of the console. :nono

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
bigo - I just picked up my '05 last week and had the same problem. An '04 guage package was installed in my '05. The right two guages (GPH and Transmission Temp were inop.) All I had to do was point this out to the service manager and within a few days the correct cluster arrived. I stopped by the service dept. last night and when the mechanic started on it - it only took 5 or 10 minutes to replace. All 3 guages seem to be working fine.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
2005 AUX Gauges

undefinedundefinedundefined/
COLOR]

We are picking up our 2005 in the morning. I understood the Aux gauges are, outside temp, voltmeter and delivered torque. I will have to take a closer look in the morning.

Thanks

Terry

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
I looked at gage package at dealer yesterday, you are right with temp., torque, and volts. Only trouble, my 05 has everything but gages and dealer was $400.00 before installation. Does that sound right??? Expensive stuff, these SSR's!

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Scheide said:
I looked at gage package at dealer yesterday, you are right with temp., torque, and volts. Only trouble, my 05 has everything but gages and dealer was $400.00 before installation. Does that sound right??? Expensive stuff, these SSR's!
Call around for install prices - I found as wide of an estimate as shopping for auto insurance. Mine was installed for $84.00 - the shop that no longer gets my service quoted 375...

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
2005 gauge install

I have a 2005 gauge to install this weekend. Any tips on where to locate the plug? Also, is the ash tray supposed to open after this gauge is installed, or is the ashtray/lighter useless?

I didn't even know I had two accessory plugs in the 05 SSR until today.
Elaine in Mississippi

·
OP
8,210 Posts
oelaineo said:
I have a 2005 gauge to install this weekend. Any tips on where to locate the plug? Also, is the ash tray supposed to open after this gauge is installed, or is the ashtray/lighter useless?

I didn't even know I had two accessory plugs in the 05 SSR until today.
Elaine in Mississippi
The plug is located under the carpet where the gauges sit at the end of the console. You will have to cut the carpet and padding to install. When complete, you should be able to open ashtray with no interference.
Good luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts