Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,584 Posts
Thanks for posting Craig...they're both pretty trucks! Could you be so kind as to post the prices after the auction?

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
There are actually 7 SSRs listed for this auction, one of them a cancelled lot - so I guess that means 6 for sale..

All are very low mileage.

I tried to post a link, but it doesn't work. Do a search for SSR, all 7 should pull up.

Three of them appear to have a reserve. The aqua blur and the red one, both will less than 100 miles, are estimated at $50 - 70K. That would be a major surprise, so I am guessing these are going home unsold.

Reactions: CruDawg and S2NAZ

·
Tech Support/Research
1,682 Posts
2005 Callaway SSR

First look under the hood at this one shows that the plastic Magnuson adapter behind the air filter is cracked and broken, meaning that unfiltered air has been entering the throttle body. Overall this truck is clean, with low mileage (approx 5400).

·
Registered
3,023 Posts
I would have a hard time owning the red one. I would not be able to keep from driving it and if you drive it then you loose the super low miles benefit. If you drive it, how long till little things start to need attention like hoses and seals. I would wonder if the roof hydraulics would need attention soon, bed struts not holding it up, tires fear of a blow out. The list goes on and on. A collector piece I guess, glad I am not a collector of low mileage SSRs. Mine has 120xxx on the odometer. :)

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
First look under the hood at this one shows that the plastic Magnuson adapter behind the air filter is cracked and broken, meaning that unfiltered air has been entering the throttle body. Overall this truck is clean, with low mileage (approx 5400).
I looked at those pictures several times, and didn't notice the cracked air housing till snomuncher pointed it out.

Unfiltered air is a problem, but if a fragment of that cracked plastic housing makes its way into the rotors, you have an even bigger problem. I found that out the hard way last fall. A shipment to California and $2000 later, I was able to reinstall the supercharger. The good news is you can still buy the Magnuson adapter from Left Coast 32 for about $100.

I would buy that and install it before doing more than idling this truck. Before bidding, it would be wise to listen to the engine as the truck is being driven onto the block. If you hear more than a whisper, the blower is probably done.

·
Premium Member
9,311 Posts
Check out the Charlie's Travels collection. Unbelievable how many vehicles in it with less than 200 miles:surprise:

·
Tech Support/Research
1,682 Posts
2005Callaway SSR

I looked at those pictures several times, and didn't notice the cracked air housing till snomuncher pointed it out.

Unfiltered air is a problem, but if a fragment of that cracked plastic housing makes its way into the rotors, you have an even bigger problem. I found that out the hard way last fall. A shipment to California and $2000 later, I was able to reinstall the supercharger. The good news is you can still buy the Magnuson adapter from Left Coast 32 for about $100.

I would buy that and install it before doing more than idling this truck. Before bidding, it would be wise to listen to the engine as the truck is being driven onto the block. If you hear more than a whisper, the blower is probably done.
This SSR sold at $29,500 hammer price, plus a 10% buyer premium. The engine produced a squeal at idle and at higher RPMs, which could have been a belt or pulley or, to your point, something worse in the supercharger.

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
These low mile cars for top dollar are kind of silly. I would never buy a car to let it sit and not drive it. It seems to me such a waste.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts