Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
JUST REGISTERED MY 57 BELAIR FOR THIS YEARS EVENT-IN THE PROCESS I ASKED IF THE POWERS IN CHARGE WOULD PERMIT OUR SPECIAL VEHICLE TO ATTEND-I AM AWARE THEY PERMIT VETTES AND IMPALAS IN. THOUGHT THERE MIGHT BE SOME INTEREST IN A GROUP OF US HANGING OUT FOR THE WEEKEND/DAY OR WHATEVER-AM AWAITING AN EMAIL FROM THE ORGANIZERS ON THIS ISSUE. IS THERE ANY INTEREST OUT THERE FOR A GROUP ASSEMBLY :) :seeya

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,279 Posts
Hmmmmm, I've always wanted to get down there as I have heard it is a blast ......... count me in as a maybe.

:seeya

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
What....

are the dates?

K

·
0 Posts
Damn! I would have loved to attend, but I'm getting married that Saturday.

·
Premium Member
17,317 Posts
just tell the bride youa re going out for ice.. if she really loves you, you know she would understand. hehehehe or better yet, take her with you and elope' on the circuit.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Since they make provisions for Vipers and Prowlers, how could they refuse SSR's? I have a call in to the director also, matter of fact:
http://www.turkeyrun.com/ click "contact us"on the left, and give Rick a call or an e-mail...power in #'s

·
Registered
269 Posts
Talked to Rick

"Not this year" what he said..."Sorry".

Hey, I was there. we had a condo lined up and everything.

They have 6 qualifiers and you have to meet at least 4 of them. Then you can enter.
Good luck
Scott

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
1HOT12C said:
"Not this year" what he said..."Sorry".

Hey, I was there. we had a condo lined up and everything.

They have 6 qualifiers and you have to meet at least 4 of them. Then you can enter.
Good luck
Scott
What possible "qualifiers" could a V6 Prowler meet that the SSR beast wouldn't? Sounds like a Mopar bias ;)

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
We'll be there Thanksgiving Day - that's our Thanksgiving tradition! :lol I guess we'll be parked outside the track though. :mad

·
Registered
78 Posts
Come on by...

I'll be there with my Prowler with the Prowler group, Friday and Saturday. I think we'll be situated at the RV compound this year next to the lake possible closer to the east side. Come by and say hello. I'll be wearing my SSR t-shirt and driving the Prowler (depending on weather of course). Sometimes I wear a Prowler shirt when driving the SSR. I'm so confused!

What you need to do is get a list of people that would attend with their SSR's and submit that later after this years event for next year. I think it is just too close to the event for Rick to make a decision to let the SSR's this year. They may allow them next year though. Someone locally should sit down and talk to them about it for next year or go to one of their meetings.

Wally

·
Registered
197 Posts
we will be there on friday with the ssr.will be in orlando on thurs. for the auto show but always ready for a get together.we will look for you guys .
6.0togo ,i will bring parade info for you then :flag

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
turkey run

I WILL NOT BE AT DAYTONA TILL SAT AM EARLY WITH MY 57 BELAIR-THEREFORE WILL PROBABLY MISS YOU...WILL STAY TUNED FOR ST AUG PARADE INFO-I AM ALSO LOOKING FOR A DECORATION SCHEME...LATER CHUCK :) :seeya

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
We will be going on Friday after all - looks like a lot of you will be there too. Maybe we can all meet up for dinner or something? If not, we'll be on the lookout foor you just to say hi! :seeya

·
Registered
78 Posts
Getting into the show

if anyone wants to know how to possibly get the SSR's into the show as a specialty group, PM me. I have the details how we managed to get the Prowlers into the show a few years ago. I can't do it but someone with a good gift of gab and the time may be able to persuade Rick to let the SSR's in. The key would be in the spring show in March as a trial and then on to the big show!

Wally

·
Premium Member
1,129 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Daytona Spring Spectacular

HAVE MADE INITIAL CONTACT WITH THE ORGANIZERS TO SEE WHAT THE CHANCES ARE THEY WILL INCLUDE US ALONG WITH THE IMPALA AND PROWLER /VETTE GROUPS-EXPECTING A CALL SOON-AS YOU KNOW THE SPRING SHOW IS AT THE END OF MARCH-A QUICK RESPONSE TO SHOW THE LEVEL OF INTEREST WOULD BE HELPFUL-WOULD LIKE TO GET 15-20 OR MORE. WILL ADVISE :party

1 - 20 of 22 Posts