Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
SSR Owners Group
Joined
·
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like there ended up being 7,279 SSR's built for the 2005 Model Year.

654 were built in May - for a total of 1,500 2005's built this calendar year.

Deliveries for May 2005 totaled 707 - for a total of 4,221 SSR's delivered so far this year. (That is -1.4% and -12.3% as compared to last year.)

Overall GM Reports 393,197 Deliveries in May
Cadillac Deliveries Up 12 Percent, Paced by 51 Percent Increase in Car Sales
Chevrolet Car Sales Up 12 Percent, Led by Record Cobalt Sales
Sales/Production
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
111 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
Looks like there ended up being 7,279 SSR's built for the 2005 Model Year.

654 were built in May - for a total of 1,500 2005's built this calendar year.

Deliveries for May 2005 totaled 707 - for a total of 4,221 SSR's delivered so far this year. (That is -1.4% and -12.3% as compared to last year.)

Overall GM Reports 393,197 Deliveries in May
Cadillac Deliveries Up 12 Percent, Paced by 51 Percent Increase in Car Sales
Chevrolet Car Sales Up 12 Percent, Led by Record Cobalt Sales
Sales/Production

Keith:

This doesen't calculate???

****************************************************
Looks like there ended up being 7,279 SSR's built for the 2005 Model Year.

654 were built in May - for a total of 1,500 2005's built this calendar year.
*********************************************************

If 1500 SSR's were built this calendar year and a total of 7279 were for the 2005 model year.... That means that 5700 were built between late August and the end of 2004?

Just trying to understand?????
 

·
SSR Owners Group
Joined
·
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The GM site did not give 6 speed vs auto figures...

That means that 5700 were built between late August and the end of 2004?
Yep that what it means - LCC was shut down a good part of this year to let the existing stock decrease...

From the December Production report - Posted 1st week of Jan 2005:


LANS CRAFT CTR
CHEVROLET SSR
2004 MY NET DEC = 0
2005 MY NET DEC = 1,152
TOTAL UNITS PRODUCED NET DEC = 1,152
2004 MYTD THRU DEC 2004 = 10,676
2005 MYTD THRU DEC 2004 = 5,779
2004 CYTD THRU DEC 2004 = 16,344

Link to Spreadsheet for Dec 2004 Production

Link to Main Production Page
 

·
SSR Owners Group
Joined
·
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Per Year

2003 = 3,416*

2004 = 10,676

2005 = 7,279

Curious to know how many of the 21,371 Roadsters built so far are still on the road -- ever been on the road - have crashed - etc etc...

* OK OK - this figure can be kind of a mystery...

Photo Tip:

Attached images were shot (L-R):
1) Normal Exposure - Full Auto mode in camera...

2) Aimed the camera into the brighter background to get the light reading - then aimed at my Roadster - I was attempting to get the cloud/sky colors to be more like what my eyes were seeing right then. (Check out the neon effect - I did NOT alter the image at all...)

3)Fill Flash w/ normal exposure...
 

Attachments

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,274 Posts
Please post in photo tips thread...

Hey Keith,

Great way of showing how camera metering/ exposure can affect your final results. So can you please post this in the Photo Tips thread so others can see how different exposure metering works?
 

·
Administrator
Joined
·
8,274 Posts
Your VIN# is too short ....

4NJOYN2 said:
Keith

If only 7279 have been made for the 2005 model why would my 2005 VIN # end in 7818?

Thanks
Mike
Hey Mike,

1) You left off the 1 in your VIN # it is 17279 not 7279.
2) SSR VIN #s run consecutively through each MY and don't reset to Zero every year like other vehicles do. The SSRs are the only vehicle that GM has ever allowed to run consecutively per Chevy marketing request.
 

·
West Coast Pit Crew
Joined
·
10,185 Posts
Last 5 didgets

4NJOYN2 said:
Keith

If only 7279 have been made for the 2005 model why would my 2005 VIN # end in 7818?

Thanks
Mike
Mike its the last 5 didgets on the vin you left one out..
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
Curious to know how many of the 21,371 Roadsters built so far are still on the road -- ever been on the road - have crashed - etc etc...
I get about 15,468 sold from a combination of GM monthly sales figures (media.gm.com)and a monthly sales graph in some Detroit News article. That leaves 5,903 as unsold. Still plenty left.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
152 Posts
8-9 months sales in inventory

Bimota Guy said:
I get about 15,468 sold from a combination of GM monthly sales figures (media.gm.com)and a monthly sales graph in some Detroit News article. That leaves 5,903 as unsold. Still plenty left.

Agree.... at current sales rates there are about 8-9 months of unsold SSr's available in inventory.... :thumbs

drc
 

·
Tu-Tone club member
Joined
·
5,777 Posts
mileage error...

odometer reads 13,126 but the documentation states 31,126. Some discrepancy, if you ask me.

P/P

Peace :flag
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
35 Posts
Purple Penelope said:
odometer reads 13,126 but the documentation states 31,126. Some discrepancy, if you ask me.

P/P

Peace :flag
Sure seems like a typo on the documentation.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
347 Posts
kwhopper89 said:
2003 = 3,416*

2004 = 10,676

2005 = 7,279

Curious to know how many of the 21,371 Roadsters built so far are still on the road -- ever been on the road - have crashed - etc etc...

* OK OK - this figure can be kind of a mystery...

Photo Tip:

Attached images were shot (L-R):
1) Normal Exposure - Full Auto mode in camera...

2) Aimed the camera into the brighter background to get the light reading - then aimed at my Roadster - I was attempting to get the cloud/sky colors to be more like what my eyes were seeing right then. (Check out the neon effect - I did NOT alter the image at all...)

3)Fill Flash w/ normal exposure...

Keith,
would you take a picture of my truck the next time we are in the same place?
As you can see I need help!!!!!!!!! :confused
Ken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
380 Posts
Mine is 18146 and was produced on November 18, 2004.
Bard
:ssr
:seeya
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top