Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My friend is a Area Sales Manager for General Motors and he told me that Gm is pulling the plug on the SSR this year. So there is no 2006 SSR coming. He said that the dealers have a 301 day supply of SSR's on dealers lots. So what he said GM is doing is they are replacing the SSR with a new sports car. what it could be... possible camaro? possible chevelle? who know's. Thought everyone should know what i heard... so don't kill the messenger :nodno

The KARGUY

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Let's see, GM solicits our input on changes to future SSR's and you are telling me 05 is the last year? Someone is wrong here for sure. I doubt the truth of this post. If it is true, I would bet the value of the 03 and 04 SSR's will skyrocket! hmmmmm, maybe that is a good idea after all! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
I'm with Cruzned - I could see them decreasing production levels in line with sales - ie 30 units/day instead of 70. That would make sense, especially if they are shutting down production for 17 weeks to allow inventory levels to decrease. Don't know if that level of production can sustain the factory.

I guess my 03 won't be for sale until I know for sure I can replace it with a 6 speed - had intended to do that in the fall of 06.

I guess all we can do is wait - oh well, it adds to the pedigree.

Ray :rolleyes:

·
Registered
480 Posts
Last year for the SSR

karguy7 said:
My friend is a Area Sales Manager for General Motors and he told me that Gm is pulling the plug on the SSR this year. So there is no 2006 SSR coming. He said that the dealers have a 301 day supply of SSR's on dealers lots. So what he said GM is doing is they are replacing the SSR with a new sports car. what it could be... possible camaro? possible chevelle? who know's. Thought everyone should know what i heard... so don't kill the messenger :nodno

The KARGUY
This could be good news. With a lot of the guys who own 03's and 04's concerned that their values are dropping like rocks, the elimination of the SSR should increase the value of the limited supply that is out there now. I am glad I bought my 05 a couple of weeks ago. It's one sweet ride and I am enjoying the hell out of it. It's a kick when you don't see any on the roads. It makes you feel special.

Regards,
Joe

·
Registered
87 Posts
Last Year???

For all those out there expecting a big hike in value after a model or brand is discontinued, just check the prices in the want ads for Prowlers, Fieros, Plymouths, and Oldsmobiles.

Maybe in 30+ years....

In the mean time, drive 'em and enjoy 'em. That's why you bought the SSR in the first place, isn't it!

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,187 Posts
Well, that's news to me. :eek I live in Janesville, Wi, where we build the Tahoe Suburban and Yukon. The local plant and union put out news letters regularly each week with any upcoming news of production reduction, plant closings, and new product releases, as well as, other insignificant data. To this date there has been no information about stopping production of the SSR. :)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
again ... my friend, that is a area sales manager for GM ( GM DEALER REP) also said the first of the year we will see what will really happen with the ssr... but as he puts it, he's heard it talked about from the higher ups in the gm company. who knows?

one thing i do know is my local dealer has a black 6 spd ssr that they will GMS it to a gm employee, or sell it at the gm supplier price to anyone off the street.

THX
THE KARGUY

·
Premium Member
219 Posts
Million dollar question

will they ? or won't they?

we are all very curious -- our future depends on it. At least what to do with my 03.

I for one am planning to purchase an 05 in Jan after the christmas frenzy is over and the market calms. I would like to get the 6 speed but am not sure if I am up to shifting while stopped at uphill.

Just drove up to Bakersfield and returned the same day. Top down all day and night. :cool With the windsuppressr on my back. Lots of onlookers :)

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Sorry bud your friend is full of sh#$ I build these trucks and the 06 is coming and has more options on it than the 05 and the 07 will have even more. So tell your friend to only talk when he knows what he is talking about.

·
Premium Member
9,216 Posts
yahoo!!!! Way to tell it, Jim

Ray

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
jimjacks7 said:
Sorry bud your friend is full of sh#$ I build these trucks and the 06 is coming and has more options on it than the 05 and the 07 will have even more. So tell your friend to only talk when he knows what he is talking about.
Thanks for joining the Forum...

It's good to hear from someone in the trenches....:flag

RickSSR :cool

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Input Needed!

Flassh said:
yahoo!!!! Way to tell it, Jim

Ray
:eek :thumbs WHOA!!!! so glad to see we have Jim to help rein in some of the rumors out there. I think we can safely say that unless a complete collapse of the SSR market we will see some more needed improvements in the upcoming years... hence the real reason for the SSR Team survey being conducted on the main thread. I think it will help the designers with some much needed and valuable input from us current SSR owners.

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,777 Posts
jj7...can you verify for us

there will be a 17 week shutdown of the SSR prod line this year??

Peace :flag

·
Administrator
8,204 Posts
Passing on Information only

Purple Penelope said:
there will be a 17 week shutdown of the SSR prod line this year??

That was stated to me in an e-mail... that was someone's comments that also works at GM. I haven't heard any confirmation on that story, whether or not that that will happen. It might be just a rumor within pertaining to “if the market continues to be slow” they might see some extended down time at the SSR Plant.

·
Registered
590 Posts
THERE IS STILL 12-2003s,110-2004s, AND 24-2005s NEW UNSOLD SSRs IN CANADA WITH HEAVY INCENTIVES ON THE 03 AND 04s

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Yea Jim!!!!! Thanks for putting the record straight. I would love to go to the plant next summer and see the place in person. I am actually going to Niargra Falls in July sometime once we set the date. Maybe I can stop by if I am welcome there. ;)

K

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
jimjacks7 said:

i hope your right... i would love to see it around longer

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,777 Posts
Marc, I undestand the info your passing along

Marc NY said:
That was stated to me in an e-mail... that was someone's comments that also works at GM. I haven't heard any confirmation on that story, whether or not that that will happen. It might be just a rumor within pertaining to “if the market continues to be slow” they might see some extended down time at the SSR Plant.
is an email, and you don't know the accuracy of that info; Jim could inform us of his knowledge of the issue. Seems like an employee would have been notified if this is the case.

jim, any input on the subject is appreciated.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts