Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,
searched threads for windshield (OEM). Just called dealer he asked for the VIN. Apparently my specific replacement has been discontinued but there are others available. is there option group differences? I would assume that all dimensions through the production years would be the same.
The dealer could not tell me.
Would like to avoid buying the wrong thing.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,386 Posts
Hello All,
searched threads for windshield (OEM). Just called dealer he asked for the VIN. Apparently my specific replacement has been discontinued but there are others available. is there option group differences? I would assume that all dimensions through the production years would be the same.
The dealer could not tell me.
Would like to avoid buying the wrong thing.
I suspect that you could provide any correct SSR VIN and get the same result. The computer just does not provide information with out the right input. My understanding is there are no OEM windshields currently available from conventional sources. I agree with Flying Dog's suggestion above, to find the discussions listed on this site.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,441 Posts
The windshields are all the same for an 03 through an 06. The problem is being able to find an OEM Factory windshield that will fit perfectly. There are replacement windshields from other companies that have had mixed reviews on how well they fit. Wild Bill's SSR parts did have the last of the known OEM windshields when I replaced mine last year. I don't believe they have any left. Good luck!

Reactions: John4598
1 - 5 of 5 Posts