Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone heard of a crank shaft position censor being the reason for my 2005 randomly shutting down? I am aware of the fuse block and ignition switch being possible problems. But now I have been told the crank shaft position censor could also be in the mix.
Thank you for your help
Pam B

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Not on an SSR but I have had them go bad on other GM vehicles and in my cases they did not shut down but rather when I went to start them they would not fire. They would crank and spin over but no ignition spark.

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,656 Posts
Has anyone heard of a crank shaft position censor being the reason for my 2005 randomly shutting down? I am aware of the fuse block and ignition switch being possible problems. But now I have been told the crank shaft position censor could also be in the mix.
Thank you for your help
Pam B
Fuse box problem, SSR will run for 45 minutes, shut down, cool, start and run 45 minutes.

I shipped a repaired fuse box this morning, number 5 this month.

Go to SSR HOW to LIBRARY.

https://onedrive.live.com/?id=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5!853&cid=3EF39D9F5ADCE5E5

Don't know what year your R is. Fuse box is 05/06. They also have battery cable being lose at Starter Solenoid.

Do some reading.

Dicktator

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Welcome to the family Pam. :00000732:
Of course the crank position sensor can fail like any other part, but I don't remember anyone claiming that happened, keeping in mind if someone has a problem with their SSR this is where they look for help.
The other thing is a failure of that sort of part is very rarely intermittent.
Is it setting codes when it happens? Knowing the codes set would be a big help.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,377 Posts
psbeydler, I see you have been here 3 years, but only 1 post!!! Welcome from Forney Texas!!! you already KNOW you have found the BEST FORUM ever! -----Consider going to "Tools" in the red banner, click on "User CP" go to "Your Profile" then click "Edit Your Details". Then, whenever you "post" it will show in the left column under your name, like the rest of us, and we will know where you are and what you drive. Then when you have a problem, someone close by might be able to help out.

Nick & Kathy

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Good find TruckNRod, I don't remember that and am surprised it can be intermittent. :blush-anim-cl:

·
Premium Member
1,370 Posts
welcome

1 - 8 of 8 Posts