Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello All,

I too am selling my "R", a 2005 automatic with 15,000 miles. I purchased in May 2017 and did repaint because of ghost flames, not damage.
Includes:
• Carpeted bed with wood slats, chrome wheels, running boards and auxiliary gauge package.
• Factory cockpit windscreen and hitch.
• Roof wrench, tire compressor and leather bound owner’s manual.
• Covercraft indoor/outdoor cover.
• Satellite receiver installed to factory radio.
• All weather floor mats and carpeted floor mats.
• New Interstate battery, one year old.
• Battery Tender Plus.
• Two new Goodyear RSA 295/40/20 rear tires. (Replaced because of tire rot not hard use).
• Replaced front Rack and Pinion due to leaking seal.

I wanted a bit more power so I added:
• Kooks Stainless Headers.
• 4:11 Ring and Pinion Gears.
• Magna Flow Dual in and out muffler.
• OEM exhaust converted to true dual exhaust.
• 60 lb/hr Fuel Injectors.
• Simple Engineering 5” Exhaust Tips.
• Street Tuned and Dyno.

I am going to place on eBay with asking price of $28,500 OBO.
I have clean Carfax.

Thoughts or suggestions? To save everyone's time just let me say that I do want to sell.

Bert

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,068 Posts
Sounds well equipped and looks good and priced right. Should sell quickly. Good luck.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
2005 Slingshot

Posted on eBay for $26,800, hoping for a painless sale. All help appreciated.

Thanks, Bert

·
Registered
119 Posts
2005 Slingshot "R" for sale

Relisted after first sale fell through on Sunday. Dropped asking price to $26,000.
Questions, please call or text (Non-supporting members must use PMs for selling).

Thanks.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,068 Posts
I must agree that $5 makes it SOUND so much less expensive.
I do agree $25,995 sounds better then $26,000. Human nature is once a person sees that $25,995 they are going to want you to go to $25,000. No wiggle room that way and you give it away. It is more worth $27,500 but you might have to wait a while for the right buyer that appreciates it.

·
Premium Member
3,783 Posts
Unless you have an emergency wait a buyer will come along soon, sounds like a super nice well priced SSR. Hold and you will be rewarded.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
I'm sorry but I disagree. Here's why...

In my sign business, I work with a bunch of car dealers. In fact they are my primary customer base.

First off, the "995" makes you sound like a car dealer. As a rule of thumb, most people don't trust car dealers (for good reason I might add). So doing something that makes you sound like a car dealer is not a good place to start in the trust department. Maybe go with 25,500 or 26,500.

Second, dealers will add the "995" on the top of the price. They know that people will want to haggle. So if they add 995 on top, that gives them 995 to play with. If you take the $5 off your real price, you're already offered a discount AND setting the stage to haggle away the other $995.

If you're going the "995" route, put it on top of the price. Make it 26,995. That way you've got room to wiggle. Of course, unless you're ok with a selling price of $25K.

A thousand dollars one way or the other is not going to stop a serious looker. Just be prepared to haggle and make them feel like they got a good deal when they get ready to buy.

Just my $.02.

wizzr

·
Premium Member
5,902 Posts
I'm sorry but I disagree. Here's why...

In my sign business, I work with a bunch of car dealers. In fact they are my primary customer base.

First off, the "995" makes you sound like a car dealer. As a rule of thumb, most people don't trust car dealers (for good reason I might add). So doing something that makes you sound like a car dealer is not a good place to start in the trust department. Maybe go with 25,500 or 26,500.

Second, dealers will add the "995" on the top of the price. They know that people will want to haggle. So if they add 995 on top, that gives them 995 to play with. If you take the $5 off your real price, you're already offered a discount AND setting the stage to haggle away the other $995.

If you're going the "995" route, put it on top of the price. Make it 26,995. That way you've got room to wiggle. Of course, unless you're ok with a selling price of $25K.

A thousand dollars one way or the other is not going to stop a serious looker. Just be prepared to haggle and make them feel like they got a good deal when they get ready to buy.

Just my $.02.

wizzr
Never heard of anyone paying full asking price for a vehicle. So set the price and haggle.

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
That's definitely a good price to grab eyeballs of interested people. You are so close to me, relatively speaking, that I'd come look at it if I didn't have one. Hold out for a while at that price if you can. Are you advertising in other places?

·
Registered
309 Posts
That s a very good price on your SSR. I wish I could get my street rod sold I would make a trip to see you. Good luck.

·
Registered
25 Posts
As long as we're making wishes... I wish he was closer to me to buy it. I can't do long rides anymore. I know it can be shipped but would have to see it first for that kind of cash. Jim

·
Registered
2,992 Posts
As long as we're making wishes... I wish he was closer to me to buy it. I can't do long rides anymore. I know it can be shipped but would have to see it first for that kind of cash. Jim
Jim, if you're really interested, you might think about having some Oklahoma fanatics look at it and validate it and take a bunch of pics for you. Kind of a second opinion. If I wanted to buy a truck long distance, that's what I'd do.

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,659 Posts
Way back in July of 2005, I found and adopted The Doophus from a Chevy Dealer more than 1600 miles from home. Not big on "long haul driving" either which explains why it took me four plus days to complete the trip home.

Finding the Perfect SSR was much more important than my boney butt and I would do it again if necessary.

! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana ! :cheers ! :banana !

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.