Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My new SSR is at Magnuson Products with Brian right now getting the Polished Radix installed. I cannt wait to see how this turns out, the LS2 is already a very strong engine at 390HP/400TQ. They will be doing a before and after dyno run with it. I will have to find a drag strip close by now that Carlsbad Dragway is gone to the developers (3 miles from my house).

They just reported 340 Rwhp on the before dyno.

B

·
0 Posts
Ordered

They are starting to accept orders now. Just got home from placing mine. Supposed to be one of the 1st two kits they sent out. They say 1 to 3 weeks.
This on the 05 :ssr .

·
Registered
421 Posts
How Much?

How much is the Magna Charger for the 2005 LS2? Probably too much if I even had to ask.

·
Registered
172 Posts
Awesome!!

I'm so excited for you..
I should have spoke up sooner though to get a ride in yours before you did anything to it.... I wanted to see if our SSR's had the same amount of pull and all.
See you soon,
Zack :cool

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,070 Posts
I know you are driven by the magical HP term, but I look more at the torque curve data. It is awesome. The torque available is very flat and THAT is what is important. If you notice, the standard crossover point at 5252 RPM never changes.....
Standard formula: (HP x 5252) = (Tq x RPM)

Physics works......

Great data...... All you gotta do now is figure out how to put it to the pavement.....

Regards,

Mike

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Magnuson Products says I will have 460 Safe RWHP this a great number for a street car. I like the way the dyno sheet shows a torque curve that is as flat as the pacific horizon here in California.

I too like the Torque curve, that is what will make it so strong on the street. It starts at 450 TQ at 2000 RPM's, is at 500 TQ by 3500 RPM's and still at over 440 TQ at 6500 RPM's. This will be a great street setup.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Please let us know what rear tires you go to -- type and size. There is room for much bigger and they will protect your wheels during curb parking and right turns, too.

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have got to take some measurements when I get it back. I want to get enough rubber under the back so I have traction. I want to use the BFG G-Force T/A tires but cannt find the size i want in 20".

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
The Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 in 335/30ZR20 is 13.5" wide on a 12" rim and 28" tall. This tire is rated a 10 in dry traction, I think it will do okay if I can just fit a 12" wide rim under the SSR. I was looking at it before I dropped it off and there seems to be about 2.5" of unobstructed room behind the rim and tires. I need to leave enough room for the suspension to cycle with the panhard/locator bar. I am also considering a set of adjustable lower control arms to dial it in for traction.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,070 Posts
While you are at it, look into a wireless tire pressure monitoring system from Dakota Digital. They make a system that has a 2 1/16" round gauge that would be a good replacement for the torque gauge in the aux gauge package. The system is ~$400 and monitors 4 tire pressures and temperatures with settable alarm limits and an output for a warning light that would flag impending failure. This might be really applicable in your installation. The sending unit hides inside the rim and requires tire dismount/remount and rebalance.

Good Luck,

Mike

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,070 Posts
Good point Danko.

Checked with the Michelin web site to see what the recommended wheel range is. They recommend 11.5 to 12.5. I agree with Danko thet you can probably get them on the 10's, but they will be pulled in on the sidewall a bit.

Mike

1 - 20 of 60 Posts