Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am new to this forum and unfortunately I am here because of the death of the owner. He bought this car from a dealer in Indiana. I have to be honest that this is the fastest car I have ever driven. I believe it was purpose built with possibly engine removed and upgrade? Is there anybody out there that specializes in these ssr conversion that I could speak to or are these just done one off at some specialty shop? It also has a matching trailer. I have vin and all that but dont want to give out too much info. I am just trying to sort it out for the family members that really have no idea of value or market. It has 30000 miles on it and it is in colorado.

·
Premium Member
May 2017 ROTM 2005 Redline Red .
6,945 Posts
Send a picture of the motor, along with the truck and trailer and year of SSR.
Someone will be able to help or point you in the right direction.

·
Premium Member
2005 aqua blur
2,115 Posts
Welcome
What part of colorado is the car.
I'm near coloradosprings
If I can help just let me know.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just found that these are intercooled also and claim 150 hp gain with stock cats. This has modified exhaust so iam guessing with tune maybe 200 over stock? I just found out dealer that sold it so hoping to back track and find out who did the work. purchased in Attica indiana if that helps

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
5,764 Posts
@nklbuster, just curious, did you buy it or trying to get information in order to sell it for the Family? Also--Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Then go to the "New Member Section" and introduce yourself. New Member Section

Click here for parts, help and tips--Simple Engineering, LLC – Chevy SSR Aftermarket Parts, Accessories and Repair Solutions

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
@nklbuster, just curious, did you buy it or trying to get information in order to sell it for the Family? Also--Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Then go to the "New Member Section" and introduce yourself. New Member Section

Click here for parts, help and tips--Simple Engineering, LLC – Chevy SSR Aftermarket Parts, Accessories and Repair Solutions

Nick & Kathy
I was just gathering info for the family. They have to get all the titles properly registered before anything can be done. I am just trying to take a little load off of them. Once we know paperwork is correct i can proceed with posting for sale. Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
2005 aqua blur 114k miles with the ball joint blues....bringing it back from the dead.
168 Posts
Hopefully the transmission was upgraded...

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur, top secret can't say anything about another one
5,532 Posts
Some of the super chargers have a data plate on them and you maybe able to get info from that and track it back as well. @Mike in AZ is the resident Super Charger guy but he doesn't do the Whipples . He may still know something on it. He deals in a lot of upgrade parts that they might have used on the truck. He would be a good person to at least talk to. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
975 Posts
Hopefully the transmission was upgraded...
True, but the 4L65E a 2005 is equipped with is a pretty tough unit. If it is a street truck on street tires one could probably get by with a Corvette valve body and this motor should have no low-end torque issues, so the stock converter would probably suffice.
My $.02

·
Registered
2005 aqua blur 114k miles with the ball joint blues....bringing it back from the dead.
168 Posts
yeah the 5 pinon planetary and beefed up reaction shell helps...a ton...but a corvette servo would be the least it should have imo.

·
SSR Believer
2,983 Posts
I am new to this forum and unfortunately I am here because of the death of the owner. He bought this car from a dealer in Indiana. I have to be honest that this is the fastest car I have ever driven. I believe it was purpose built with possibly engine removed and upgrade? Is there anybody out there that specializes in these ssr conversion that I could speak to or are these just done one off at some specialty shop? It also has a matching trailer. I have vin and all that but dont want to give out too much info. I am just trying to sort it out for the family members that really have no idea of value or market. It has 30000 miles on it and it is in colorado.
Nice that you're helping out! (y)

SSR trailers are fairly unique. Is it a "miniature" SSR, one made from an SSR bed or something else? If you post a photo someone here may recognize it and have the story.

@Cash is the resident VIN curator and archivist. You can start a private conversation with him and he may be able to give you the ownership history:

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes!

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,683 Posts
Nice that you're helping out! (y)

SSR trailers are fairly unique. Is it a "miniature" SSR, one made from an SSR bed or something else? If you post a photo someone here may recognize it and have the story.
When I read the original post I was considering the comment about a "built engine" and thought the matching trailer might be for transporting the truck to a track.
It would be great to get a picture of the trailer as well.

·
Premium Member
383 Posts
Welcome aboard from the 'Sooner' state of Oklahoma. You have become a member of a great group of 'SSR enthusiasts' that are always more than willing to assist in any way. Enjoy the 'ride'.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts